View Poll Results: Which 90's hit sports car are you most likely to call yours?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lamborghini Diablo

24 33.33%
  • Ferrari 355

25 34.72%
  • Porsche 993

16 22.22%
  • Dodge Viper

7 9.72%
  • Plymouth Prowler

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Way back to the 90's

what can I say .

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    What he means, is that Chris Bangle is another example of a car designer people can't stand. He's famous for dramatically changing BMWs look without making subtle changes to the original style, as design teams have in the past. Instead he took the car and completely changed it, which shocked people, mostly in a negative way. Its basically like putting your hands down a girl's pants on the first date. It doesn't really work out. One step at a time! If you appreciate his work, you may find that the crowd around you is seemingly non existent.
    man, I whish I read this post before...jk
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    What he means, is that Chris Bangle is another example of a car designer people can't stand. He's famous for dramatically changing BMWs look without making subtle changes to the original style, as design teams have in the past. Instead he took the car and completely changed it, which shocked people, mostly in a negative way. Its basically like putting your hands down a girl's pants on the first date. It doesn't really work out. One step at a time! If you appreciate his work, you may find that the crowd around you is seemingly non existent.
    i like the way he designed his cars though. the Z4 was drop dead gorgeous. i love all the lines on that car. and i love the silhouette it gives if you were to look at it from the side. i really look at his art work on BMW as something i get motivation from as i plan to do the same as Bangle some day.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    i like the way he designed his cars though. the Z4 was drop dead gorgeous. i love all the lines on that car. and i love the silhouette it gives if you were to look at it from the side. i really look at his art work on BMW as something i get motivation from as i plan to do the same as Bangle some day.
    Anders Warming designed the Z4, not Bangle. As a Dane I have to make that point.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Anders Warming designed the Z4, not Bangle. As a Dane I have to make that point.
    oh he did! whoops! i can't remember the guys name but a Japanese dude designed the current 3 Series, the Z3 Roadster and the 1997 5 Series. i have a book on these designers. my auto teacher, another auto teacher, and my design teacher gave it too me. the reason? its a long story.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PINGAS!!!!

bangle didnt really design many BMWs, and i cant think of any production cars. he just organized the design corps to fit their designs into a design language.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    bangle didnt really design many BMWs, and i cant think of any production cars. he just organized the design corps to fit their designs into a design language.
    putting the Bangle Butt is one of them.
    PINGAS!!!!

although the 7 was designed by Adrian van Hooydonk, who is now BMWs overall design director, and his original design had that. so while it is called the Bangle Butt, it was all Adrian.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    oh he did! whoops! i can't remember the guys name but a Japanese dude designed the current 3 Series, the Z3 Roadster and the 1997 5 Series. i have a book on these designers. my auto teacher, another auto teacher, and my design teacher gave it too me. the reason? its a long story.
    Tell us the long story.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    man, I whish I read this post before...jk
    We all make mistakes amigo

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Tell us the long story.
    So...many...comments...must...refrain.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Tell us the long story.
    Joji Hagashima, born in Japan, studied design in the States, then worked at Renualt and Opel before working for BMW. According to Bangle though, Joji designed BMW's that were distinct which are the 1996 BMW Z3, the 1997 BMW 5 Series and the 2007 BMW 3 Series.

thats some information for ya! ^

heres the long story:

It all happened at a Trades convention thing that they had in my city. It was a field trip were the girls in the auto class were to go as they had a Women In Trades presentation there. So I go for the field trip. So, they talk about all these trades and interveiw women that are plumbers and what not. Then lunch comes. I brought a bag with me as I did like to bring my sketch book with me when I went to school, incase I had nothing to do and I had some spare time. So I had a Addida's workout bag with my lunch, my sketch book and some drawing utensils. So I take it out and a girl sitting next to me just promptly opened it as I had to clean my bag out and reorganize it. It just so happened that my auto teacher was sitting right beside the girl who was sitting right beside me.
    He then says, " Did you draw that?!?!
    I reply, " Um, yes ".
    Just to let you know, I was the shy and quite type in high school and hadn't shown my auto teacher any of my drawings at all. I honestly thought that he wouldn't be interested.
    So he's just all zonked out on my drawngs that I did and eating a bran muffin at the same time. He then looks through the pages and see's my work. I did a Honda Civic coupe, Honda Fit, Ford Edge, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and some other cars that I can't remember.
    So anyways, he compliments on my drawings and says that their really good and what not. Then, lunch was over and I walked around with this girl for a bit to check out some of the venues. She then wanted to go home so badly becuase we were there all day. We then go on an expedition to find my auto teacher so that we can ( or she can ) beg him to go home. We finally find him and it just so happens that he's with his wife and very young daughter. I had my sketch book in my hand and asked me if he could show it to his wife. I said yes and she got a chance to see them. I wasn't expecting her to actually say that they were good cuz Switters77 does a better job than I do.
    So any ways, fast forward to the ending of the field trip. We board the bus and my auto teacher tells me that he's going to bring me to the high school design teacher and show him my drawings.
    Fast forward to grade 12.
    So I take auto again in grade 12. I have the same teacher as I had before. BUT! He then has to go in sick leave for 6 weeks.
    We then have a substitue that looks like Homer Simpsons neighbor which I can't remember his name. So anyways, we have this guy for 6 weeks, then open house comes along. It just so happens that my auto teacher was there when he should of been at home. He askes me to do a mural of a car for open house on a chalk board. I did a Corvette Z06. It took me about 10 hours to do.
    And its still exist to this very day.
    So, after his sick leave, he's back in action and teaching as usual. Then it comes to the end of the year. He wants me to draw his Porsche 944 Turbo and his Bentley Mulsanne Turbo R. I do the pictures and he frames them in his garage. Then, on the very last day, I get a gift of the book thats posted above. I got worried and what not becuase I hate it when people buy expensive gifts for me and makes me feel guilty. ( just to let you know, the book is like $60.00! )
    So, I look inside the book and realize that my design teacher, my auto teacher and another auto teacher signed the book.

So there you guys go. A very, very, very long story to bore you.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 08-05-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    PINGAS!!!!

I thought the long story was about why your teacher gave you the book - that's how it sounded.

i just wrote it Kitdy.
    PINGAS!!!!

So ok now you have to show use these pictures! Show us the mural, scan or photograph some of your work!

I'm sure the other guys would like to see as well; it was great to see Switters so let's see yours too.

Thread Information