Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: The Random Discussions Thread

Tomorrow is test's day, it's going to be epic!
    15 pissed students against an almost-fired teacher.

Free bets!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Free bets?

Someone shanks him with a graphics calculator.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

pencil through the orbital bone makes more sense...from an engineering perspective.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    there is more.
    today we spoke with our Dean, who then called him on the phone. Not exactly a kind phone call. We managed to have the test again, but we had to find a classroom, and set everything.
    Once everything was ready, I've sent him an email with the classroom and all, and he complained for the lack of air conditioning.

Seriously?!

Less than 30/30 is not an acceptable grade at this point. I was already very confident my (our) project was pretty much excellent, now I have no doubt on that.
    Wow, what an asshole teacher.

Seriously.

This is almost cool, until you realize that he's an able bodied person riding a trike.

Trikes are only acceptable if you are not physically capable of riding a motorcycle for some reason.

I... truly fear Vlad. He is a terrifying 6-dan Black Belt Judoka KGB death machine turned President turned puppet master Prime Minister. He will crush the West/the enemies of the Motherland.

Things were so bad at uni that not only we had to talk with him twice not to do this test, but he also managed to convince another new teacher, his whore basically, to stop us (my group) from doing his test as well.
    I've yet to figure out why my pals convinced me not to storm Dean's office, they want me to wait until we have our grade now.

Meanwhile I found out that he isn't a professor, and he isn't an engineer either, despite what he claims. He did only 2 years of engineering, and than independent school of design (a pretty lame one too).
    So as of now I just wasted about 200 hours for a project I'm not going to have rated until, maybe, september, while I could have studied some other subjects.

This uni sucks, again.

I'd still storm the deans office. just after you get your grade.

if it's good, well the way you got it was terrible.

if it's bad, more ammunition against a teacher that doesn't know his stuff and doesn't even have the courtesy to do it right.

Rage against poor education - I speak from experience. one of the teachers at my old school is an architect known purely for winning competitions and then never completing them - he has two built works, and one of them is his own home. However he insists on being on every critique panel, everyone must know, understand and agree with his opinion...

Essentially he's a little man who has been given a small amount of power that he wields with an iron fist. And I hate him. I HATE HIM!

ah, that feels better.

Well. If i'd have to go to school again (while having the same subjects AND the same teachers i had in the past), i would probably shoot myself. Not because i hated school, but because 90% of my teachers were absolutely WEIRD.
    One of them was named Mrs Taeger. Her husband is the president of the local protestantic chuch which makes her think that she's automatically special, too. But she isn't. In fact, she's the least intelligent woman i've ever met (including some REALLY retarded ladies). Just one example: in a religion lesson, she started to talk about the roman empire, Jesus etc. but suddenly turned to the question how Abraham Lincoln (!?) influenced the empires dawn (!!!!!!!!???????). The worst thing is that she can't even be fired because she has some sort of life long contract. Keeps idiocy alive, right?
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Well. If i'd have to go to school again (while having the same subjects AND the same teachers i had in the past), i would probably shoot myself. Not because i hated school, but because 90% of my teachers were absolutely WEIRD.
    One of them was named Mrs Taeger. Her husband is the president of the local protestantic chuch which makes her think that she's automatically special, too. But she isn't. In fact, she's the least intelligent woman i've ever met (including some REALLY retarded ladies). Just one example: in a religion lesson, she started to talk about the roman empire, Jesus etc. but suddenly turned to the question how Abraham Lincoln (!?) influenced the empires dawn (!!!!!!!!???????). The worst thing is that she can't even be fired because she has some sort of life long contract. Keeps idiocy alive, right?
    I don't know if it's called that where you live, but it's called tenure over here.

After a couple years when a professor passes whatever the college requires it to do to "pass", the professor gets a budget and can teach and do whatever he/she/it wants and not get fired unless it's been something illegal.

It's absolutely retarded because if you get a great professor, that's fine and dandy, but if it's a terrible professor.....

Besides, what's wrong with competition from other great minds? Complacency breeds stagnation.

On a side note, my university has course evaluations. But we do evaluations for tenured professors anyway. So my point is, what's the point of an evaluation for a tenured professor?

We also have evaluations... what's the point of an evaluation if no one reads it or cares about it?
    We don't have tenures, but most professors are state employs, so they can't be fired on the fly.
    On the other hand the rear-end-hole I was talking about is hired as an external teacher, so his contract can be interrupted at any given moment.

That is what I was and will be looking for...

If enough student complaints are received, I think some board of faculty/administration reviews that professor's tenure.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Because Kitdy and I talked about this the other day and he doesn't have Facebook: Duke Nukem No Longer Never : The Two-Way : NPR
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

If anyone's wondering, it's not starting from scratch - Gearbox aquired the WIP assets and whatnot from 3D Realms and some of the talent, they're basically continuing the progress that was already made on the game. Also, they own the IP now. There's a pile of Good Reasons behind all this that I can expand on if anyone's really all that curious and doesn't already know.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    If anyone's wondering, it's not starting from scratch - Gearbox aquired the WIP assets and whatnot from 3D Realms and some of the talent, they're basically continuing the progress that was already made on the game. Also, they own the IP now. There's a pile of Good Reasons behind all this that I can expand on if anyone's really all that curious and doesn't already know.
    The best of the Good Reasons is probably that the head of Gearbox worked on Duke3D at 3DRealms.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Duke Nukem is some sort of gamers pot of gold. Give up, He's dead.

Thread Information