Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia Best Country on Earth, Study Proven

Australia Best Country on Earth, Study Proven

Aussies top world list of national pride | Business | News.com.au

AUSTRALIANS have the highest degree of support for their own country out of 33 nationalities polled in a survey published in The Economist.

The British magazine quotes a survey by the Reputation Institute, a branding consultancy based in New York but with worldwide affiliations, that says Australians have a higher "trust, admiration, respect and pride" in their country than do the citizens of any other developed country, The Australian reports.

The high regard Australians apparently have for their nation gives it a score of just over 90 points from a possible 100 point score compared with last-placed Japan, for instance, which rates approximately 56.

The magazine does not reveal the sample size, survey date or methodology but concludes that "Australians are almost as exuberant about their country as they are about sport".
    Related Coverage

Closely following Australia in descending order are Canada, Finland, Austria, Singapore and India while the US, usually seen as a global benchmark for national pride, rates 11th with a score in the high 70s.

What is clear from the survey, as the magazine indicates, is that the results may be affected by the relative scale of economic recession. Australia is regarded by most experts as the country least affected by recession.

That said, Spain rates two places above the US, despite having an unemployment rate approaching 15 per cent.
    In other news: Australians are proud to be Australians but can’t figure out why their country is so special.

“IT JUST FKN IS, ORRITE? NOW KISS MY FKN FLAG”

The Datto will rage again...

^^ those junior-wanker flag toters make me sick

remind me again - what was that Mr Johnson quote about patriotism?

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    lol. That's pretty funny. Surely they're not as bad as the wanker Jr.s in the ol' US of A, right?

that picture reminds me of the South and the Jersey shore all rolled into one.

I think instead of making this it's own thread, you should have just posted it under the previous one.

What's up with the Chavs on that photo?

i always lol at the fagtards who have southern cross stickers on their car, or tattooed on their arm. like they think Australia is the only place ever from which you can see it from, or something.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Theyre 'rioters' from the Cronulla riots 4 years ago.

Dark chapter of Australian 'patriotism'

Anyways, Go AUS.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Very much agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    that picture reminds me of the South and the Jersey shore all rolled into one.
    Funny, I thought the same thing. Sadly, no country has exclusive provence on stupid jingoinstic anything.

Looking forward to visiting Oz next year, particularly the North East coast.
    If we schedule it to coincide with the Byron Bay Music Fest: bonus!

Any fans of Jeff Lang or Ian Collard? Both friends of mine, good musicians.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

whereabouts on the north east? like Cairns?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yes... a week in that area, two national parks to tour, do some bird watching. Our dive arrangements are yet to be made but as a lifelong SCUBA diver at least two are planned, one on the GBR and one at Darwin. I've wanted to visit the North coast for 30 years, a pilot buddy
    of mine used to live there. Will get some sailing in on the west coast too.

From our experiences in the far East time planning is important, so we'll travel the country over 4 weeks. We've friends in St. George, QL
    as well as near Perth. The cross-country train should be interesting... so I've heard.

Otherwise, rental cars for most of the trip.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

The thread title is misleading.
    The study found that "Australians have the most support for their country". out of an investigation in 33 countries. This to me is something totally different from the title that it is the best country on earth, (according to objectively verifiable criteria??).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Yes... a week in that area, two national parks to tour, do some bird watching. Our dive arrangements are yet to be made but as a lifelong SCUBA diver at least two are planned, one on the GBR and one at Darwin. I've wanted to visit the North coast for 30 years, a pilot buddy
    of mine used to live there. Will get some sailing in on the west coast too.

From our experiences in the far East time planning is important, so we'll travel the country over 4 weeks. We've friends in St. George, QL
    as well as near Perth. The cross-country train should be interesting... so I've heard.

Otherwise, rental cars for most of the trip.
    st george, eh - you'll be flying in or driving in from the coast?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The thread title is misleading.
    The study found that "Australians have the most support for their country". out of an investigation in 33 countries. This to me is something totally different from the title that it is the best country on earth, (according to objectively verifiable criteria??).
    You're just miffed that holland's not even mentioned.

I agree, but still, you may be taking this a little too seriously since even the study didn't seem to be the most authorotative on what it did claim.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    You're just miffed that holland's not even mentioned.

I agree, but still, you may be taking this a little too seriously since even the study didn't seem to be the most authorotative on what it did claim.
    if I had been miffed I would have said that the study showed that the Aussies are most chauvinistic pigs around.....
    As for your second remark, the Economist is not known for making silly/funny studies.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information