Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porsche GT3 Race Cars

by "our" then I presume you are restricting it to you and your immediate family ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Oh contraire by 'our' i was referring to my fellow UCP members as well as myself and my family.

Speaking of possibilities, there have never been a plan to scrap the Cayenne and Panamera.........crossing fingers.....come on!!!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Speaking of possibilities, there have never been a plan to scrap the Cayenne and Panamera.........crossing fingers.....come on!!!
    Actually it has apparently, now that Porsche is integrated into VW there's no need for them and VW wants to terminate them once their lifecycle is completed, but use the platforms.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Actually it has apparently, now that Porsche is integrated into VW there's no need for them and VW wants to terminate them once their lifecycle is completed, but use the platforms.
    I'm not sure if they are really going to scrap the Cayenne though. While the PanAm could be a bigger problem due to massive overlapping (ok, it's a better performer than the Flying Spur, but the "enthusiasts" who buy them are the same), I never heard Cayenne to face jeopardy any time soon. It's platform it's already used by VAG, and there isn't a clear overlapping (maybe with the Q7 V12 TDI).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'm not sure if they are really going to scrap the Cayenne though. While the PanAm could be a bigger problem due to massive overlapping (ok, it's a better performer than the Flying Spur, but the "enthusiasts" who buy them are the same), I never heard Cayenne to face jeopardy any time soon. It's platform it's already used by VAG, and there isn't a clear overlapping (maybe with the Q7 V12 TDI).
    I can't see this as a crucial problem for the Cayenne's demise. Simply put the engines currently available in the Porsche tractor under the Q7's bonnet or even create a Q6 or Q7 Sport which would be a Cayenne with Audi badges and problem solved.

The point was that Volkswagen wanted Porsche to concentrate in its core bussiness, sportscars, and that it shouldn't be bothered anymore about lack of resources. And even there, there's little to no cannibalisation or overlap with other VAG brands.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information