Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Leaf gets boost from US Govt

Nissan Leaf gets boost from US Govt

Apparently, GM is also watching as the US govt supports Nissan Leaf while Chevy fails miserably to bring their Chevy Volt to the market. Who is gonna buy the Volt when it is all said and done, when Nissan is about to spring their Leaf on america while Toyota readies their 3rd generation Prius for the market?

U.S. loans $1.4 billion to Japan's Nissan for Tennessee plant - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

Your GM hatred is plainly obvious.

And the Leaf is a compromised solution of it's own, with limited range.

And the Third Generation Prius is ALREADY on the market.

Research properly, take off the hater shades, and calm the hell down.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Your GM hatred is plainly obvious.

And the Leaf is a compromised solution of it's own, with limited range.

And the Third Generation Prius is ALREADY on the market.

Research properly, take off the hater shades, and calm the hell down.
    Could you possibly tell me what is there to love about poor GM management and generally poor products?

Thanks for correcting us on the release of the Prius generation.

There is little to love about the management style, certainly.

But the Volt is a product with a lot of promise that has been scheduled for the 2011 model year, I can only hope that they are spending the time between now and release testing it so that it doesn't fail.

Don't write something off you haven't even seen on the road.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

And the Volt is just a car. There other GM products which are worthy, and in any case it's not the Volt that will be taking GM forward, but cars like the Cruze or Malibu.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

But the Volt is a product with a lot of promise that has been scheduled for the 2011 model year, I can only hope that they are spending the time between now and release testing it so that it doesn't fail.

The Volt has been talked about for so long it's old news now. They shouldn't have brought it out, speculated about it, what, almost 6 years before it's debut on actual roads and sold?

The only reason they probably brought it out was because they went bankrupt and had to show that they weren't only just making SUVs.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing how great the Volt is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And the Volt is just a car. There other GM products which are worthy, and in any case it's not the Volt that will be taking GM forward, but cars like the Cruze or Malibu.
    Good point, the Volt will probably be so expensive it won't be practical to buy.

I love the Cadillac CTS and the CTS-V. Thats it. So, what else does GM have that can be some sort of eye-opener for the daily driver? Have you looked at Ford's (FORD) line up lately? The 2010 Ford Taurus SHO looks great and performs excellently for a V-6 (365 horses for a family Sedan.

And then, why do we keep hearing about the Volt, and not seeing it? What is GM waiting for---a car ferry or Santa Claus? My ears are getting tired of hearing about the Volt. My eyes wanna see it in real life, and I hope it provides more value than the Toyota Prius, given all the hype that has gone into the Volt.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    I love the Cadillac CTS and the CTS-V. Thats it. So, what else does GM have that can be some sort of eye-opener for the daily driver? Have you looked at Ford's (FORD) line up lately? The 2010 Ford Taurus SHO looks great and performs excellently for a V-6 (365 horses for a family Sedan.
    The entire Opel lineup is competent if not class leading, except perhaps the Zafira. And the new Meriva has clever suicide rear doors.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I agree that GM announced the volt way to early. Although as was said above, they had to show they were working on efficient cars and not just focused on trucks and SUV's.

But now the volt has a ton of hype around it, and it's all talked up to be so great etc. So now Chev has alot of pressure to make the volt live up to the hype or they'll get a huge amount of bad PR. I'm waiting to see the car on the road and tests by third party companies (like magazines) to see what it will be like.

I think it will be cars like the malibu that will give GM a boost. But we'll see in due time.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

well, there was the g8 which was superior the SHO. I dont think the SHO is that great of a car at all. I think the taurus is a good car, i think the fusion is fords best car right now though.

the chevy malibu is a great car and compares favorably with everything in its class.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

If you haven't seen the Volt it's only because your eyes are closed. Personally I think the Leaf is a bit of a joke in comparison. The Leaf is just an electric car. Nothing more. The Volt is quite a bit more.

The 2010 Ford Taurus SHO looks great and performs excellently for a V-6 (365 horses for a family Sedan.
    Just a pity it weighs over 2 tons.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    well, there was the g8 which was superior the SHO. I dont think the SHO is that great of a car at all. I think the taurus is a good car, i think the fusion is fords best car right now though.

the chevy malibu is a great car and compares favorably with everything in its class.
    Are you referring to a stock V-8 Pontiac G8 which could not outrun my V-6 G-35 in 4th gear? oh yes, i have run with a Pontiac G-8 and i was surprised to find out that it could not outrun my G-35 and certainly not a 350z, with both cars being at least 45- 60 Hp underpowered compared to it.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 01-31-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    If you haven't seen the Volt it's only because your eyes are closed. Personally I think the Leaf is a bit of a joke in comparison. The Leaf is just an electric car. Nothing more. The Volt is quite a bit more.
    I agree with you. However, we know that the Leaf will hit the market as outlined by Nissan--thus, the government loan. In comparison, GM used the Volt as a scam to defraud Uncle Sam, in terms of bail out money used to provide it life support.

I agree with you. However, we know that the Leaf will hit the market as outlined by Nissan--thus, the government loan. In comparison, GM used the Volt as a scam to defraud Uncle Sam, in terms of bail out money used to provide it life support.
    Ummm yeah. Got a link to that?

Thread Information