Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Celebrity Garages

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Only Ralph Lauren's collection had the content to make me jizz myself (For lack of a better reaction). I mean, a brace of F1's, including an LM? And an Atlantic? '62 GTO? Then the Alfa? My God, he's got taste. (And the means to back it up.)
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Does Jay Leno open up his garage to visitors?

He really should.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure I'd want to be privileged with owning so many cars. Too much of even a good thing like cars still seems like a bad thing. I like the idea of having one or two cars and a bike that really mean something to me. It would be easier to appreciate them. Unless I'm the owner of a legitimate car museum as some type of business venture, buying these things out of sheer boredom and too much money wouldn't be my cup of tea. I'm sure many would argue otherwise. That's just my view.
    I can see the point Rob. I think I'd enjoy a quite large collection, but each model would have to mean something to me. Given the amount of money some of these people have, I'd rather try to make my own car, no matter if the companies goes bankrupt in 1 year, it would definitely be funnier and more special.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'd rather try to make my own car, no matter if the companies goes bankrupt in 1 year, it would definitely be funnier and more special.
    This.

Also with so many cars, do they have the time to actually drive all of them?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    This.

i would have to have some sort of car pool arrangement with my friends. no point of having these cars if they never get on the road.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Does Jay Leno open up his garage to visitors?

He really should.
    Depends on the visitor. He shows it quite a bit, but it's by invitation only. I haven't managed to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Leno does drive all of his (which has some people up in arms,) but with so many it's not like they all get driven often.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i would have to have some sort of car pool arrangement with my friends. no point of having these cars if they never get on the road.
    Buddy!
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I can see the point Rob. I think I'd enjoy a quite large collection, but each model would have to mean something to me. Given the amount of money some of these people have, I'd rather try to make my own car, no matter if the companies goes bankrupt in 1 year, it would definitely be funnier and more special.
    That's not such a bad idea. If you think about it, thats probably how the majority of exclusive car manufacturers started. It all begins with a vision and a dream, followed by having the will to take the necessary steps in order to bring the plan to fruition.

"I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself."
    Ferdinand Porsche

Me and my bad taste in cars probably wouldn't create anything that would sell much, so it wouldn't be a business. At least I'd love it though .

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Buddy!
    haha you can have a mini instead of whatever rental car the airport would usually lump you with if you visit

but seriously, you got to drive these cars to keep them in top condition right; one man couldn't possibly do that with large collections, it would become an itemised chore. "must drive car X this week, then car Y on monday.." etc etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

haha you can have a mini instead of whatever rental car the airport would usually lump you with if you visit

but seriously, you got to drive these cars to keep them in top condition right; one man couldn't possibly do that with large collections, it would become an itemised chore. "must drive car X this week, then car Y on monday.." etc etc
    yea you're right. Those things would go to sh!t if they weren't used. After all, they were built not just to be driven, but to be driven HARD. At least you wouldn't have to pay people to do it. You'd have lineups of people ready to do it for free. The only work you'd have to put in is background checks on everyone, and perhaps a little racing school for the lot.

imagine the freedom with which you could name it too..
    after seeing a mercury cougar eliminator today, i miss the way cars used to be named.
    yea you're right. Those things would go to sh!t if they weren't used. After all, they were built not just to be driven, but to be driven HARD. At least you wouldn't have to pay people to do it. You'd have lineups of people ready to do it for free. The only work you'd have to put in is background checks on everyone, and perhaps a little racing school for the lot.
    UCP track day!

UCP track day!
    We can't even arrange a general get together, let alone a track event LOL. That would be damn cool though. Maybe one day, when all of us are retired. Maybe then we'll actually make it a reality. Of course by then poor Pieter won't be able to get in and out of his C6, so we'll just have to make him feel comfortable in the stands

We can't even arrange a general get together, let alone a track event LOL.
    speak for yourselves, the Aus contingent gets together fairly regularly
    hell may 22nd a lot of us are attending superlap

speak for yourselves, the Aus contingent gets together fairly regularly
    hell may 22nd a lot of us are attending superlap
    You live in the same place in one little circle because you're surrounded by vicious creatures disguised as cuddly things, so you have no choice but to get together because it makes you feel safe and comfortable . In a word, that's cheating! Everyone else is scattered through europe, canada, the states, south america, etc . One day in the near future I'll make a trip out there and meet up with you guys. I'm due for a proper vacation anyway. Too bad I'm obligated to go to Germany for the next one .

Germany ?

Sorted then ..... a UCP 'Ring day
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Me and my bad taste in cars probably wouldn't create anything that would sell much, so it wouldn't be a business. At least I'd love it though .
    I doubt any of our car companies would sell at all...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information