Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Expensive car ever

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    What I can't understand is why some important recent offerings fell short yet this exceeded expectations. Cobra Daytona CSX 2601, for instance... particularly in view of 250 GTO numbers.
    while the Cobra is basically a revamped British two seater from the early fifties, the Ferrari seems to based on real pedigree....
    The Christie's sale of the Picasso for 106 mln serves as the best example of the relative value of all cars.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    while the Cobra is basically a revamped British two seater from the early fifties, the Ferrari seems to based on real pedigree....
    The Christie's sale of the Picasso for 106 mln serves as the best example of the relative value of all cars.
    Please, GTO pedigree isn't any more significant for the 36 examples produced... the 6 Daytonas built were far more than warmed-over ACs, and CSX 2601 was historically important as the 1965 World Manufacturers Championship winner, despite Ferrari politics. This one example alone should be more valuable than any second-string GTO, yet isn't. That's baffling to me.

Likewise, why are GTOs priced in multiples of what rarer and more significant Ferraris trade hands at? For $26M one could have a 166mm, 335S, 250SWB Tour De France, 365 Daytona and a 312P (all with decent history) with change left, to boot.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I think the real problem with Cobras are ALL THE REPLICAS.

Including the "special" ones
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information