Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Well that was a disappointing game for me. My 1/4 Dutch friend said barely anything throughout the game and looked as though he was going to have an aneurysm. The expression on his face for most of the second half was one of fear, disappointment (due to the missed Robben chances), and worry.

A bunch of my friends watched the game together - we were all kitted out in orange (oranje?) and then they lost.

The best team not to win the World Cup.

Puyol after the game was on the field with a Spanish jersey with a gold star on it - suffice to say, those starred jersies are gonna sell like hotcakes in Spain this week.

I wanted to see the Dutch with a black star on their jersey - it woulda looked so cool.

Oh well.

As I said after the game to my friends, more importantly, the Canadian men's hockey team won gold on home soil.

Whooo!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    DELICIOUS SHARK, OM NOM NOM
    Octopi eating sharks?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10u9WgZGSwk&feature=channel]YouTube - Tiger Shark vs. Albatross[/ame]

Sharks eating birds?

This basically confirms that that the seemingly bizarre scene from The Simpsons' school video that Lisa watches - "Meat and You: Partners in Freedom" - where the eagle hunts the sheep and the shark eats the gorilla - is reality.

According to some reports, he is Italian, found I think down South.
    In other news, soccer is little more than a ballet.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Octopi eating sharks?

YouTube - Tiger Shark vs. Albatross

Sharks eating birds?
    That reminds me of that photo of the Seagull sprinting down the beach with the caption "WINGS WHY WON'T YOU WORK OH S**T OH S**T".

Lulz.

This basically confirms that that the seemingly bizarre scene from The Simpsons' school video that Lisa watches - "Meat and You: Partners in Freedom" - where the eagle hunts the sheep and the shark eats the gorilla - is reality.
    The Simpsons also believe that when you close the zoo at night Koalas drop from their perches and feast on the innocent.

This is also true.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

On behalf of the Dutch I apologise for the dramatically low quality and high violency final that the soccer world had to watch last night. Fortunately I had to go through my Le Mans Classic shots, so I spent my evening pretty well.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    On behalf of the Dutch I apologise for the dramatically low quality and high violency final that the soccer world had to watch last night. Fortunately I had to go through my Le Mans Classic shots, so I spent my evening pretty well.
    I slept through it. Time well spent, I thought.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

You still have the domino record....and hopefully the Dutch are better sports at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    You still have the domino record....and hopefully the Dutch are better sports at that.
    yes, we know what really matters.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Weeeeeeell, i'm back from Holland. Sailing was pretty amazing (mostly good weather if you line out Saturday night ). However, the Germany vs. Spain game was the only thing that made me a bit sad. I think the result could have been different if Müller played, but it was a good game over all. Spain deserved to win.
    When it comes to the final, though, i think it was a bit of a mess. Not what you call a nice game.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Countries that are less awesome than this.

Seriously, Octopi freak me out with their intelligence, and dexterity.

DELICIOUS SHARK, OM NOM NOM
    That's from the zoo near my mum's house. We went there for her birthday that year, which was about a week after they discovered what had been eating the sharks. The guided part of the tour there was hilarious because they still hadn't figured out what to do about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    According to some reports, he is Italian, found I think down South.
    In other news, soccer is little more than a ballet.
    With more acting. And, apparently, violence.

The Simpsons also believe that when you close the zoo at night Koalas drop from their perches and feast on the innocent.

This is also true.
    Obviously, everything from Australia is evil. They even feed on poison.

I was kind of waiting for one side or the other to just throw an out and out elbow or punch the way things were going for a while there. Still, you made it to the final and upset Brazil, so just forget the last game and focus on the rest.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Obviously, everything from Australia is evil. They even feed on poison.
    We use it to season steaks.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information