Thread: BMW & Audi

BMW & Audi

So there is a new steed in the stables.

2010 BMW 335d
    - Car was custom ordered with every option (except adaptive cruise) Guy changed his mine, car sat on lot for 7 months till we came along and snatched it up. Dealer wanted to get rid of it. Got rid of the G =( very sad and the RX350. I drove the g like a beast and it smelled of burning oil. haha. did burnouts, reved it up, u name it. drove it like it should have been driven. got a good deal and took it home.

- Having diven a 335i, the 335d feels so much smoother and faster. The torque is nuts, 425 ftlbs all around you. just tap it and you move into your seat, no downshifts, tach slowly goes up and the speedo just rises. it's crazy. i love it. Its gonna be a great replacement.

- I also test drove a Q5 2.0t today, a 2011 model. its ok, makes noise from the 4 banger, moves a little slower. 8 speed tranny is cool, shifts quick and a lot. kinda weird. rides the same as ours, handles the same. just not as nice or smooth. we were looking at an A3 TDI but none in stock. so yeah.

here's some pics, shes lovely. I'll take some with the DSLR tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Congrats on your new car!!! Very nice Is it gonna be your daily driver?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Don't add gasoline to it accidentally.

And how often does the urea need to be added?

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    Congrats on your new car!!! Very nice Is it gonna be your daily driver?
    Thanks! well i'll drive it whenever but for my parents they're prolly gonna use it often. it has summer tires which are a worry because we get snow and cold winters here in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

Gas nozzles are 21mm, car diesel is 24mm and truck diesel is like 27mm. There's an adapter for truck and car diesel. Its hard to fill it with gas. besides would i forget? when u start it and rev it, it sounds like a diesel lol. on the road it sounds great. you gotta come check it out!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Thanks! well i'll drive it whenever but for my parents they're prolly gonna use it often. it has summer tires which are a worry because we get snow and cold winters here in NYC.

Gas nozzles are 21mm, car diesel is 24mm and truck diesel is like 27mm. There's an adapter for truck and car diesel. Its hard to fill it with gas. besides would i forget? when u start it and rev it, it sounds like a diesel lol. on the road it sounds great. you gotta come check it out!
    Buy a second set of winter tires.

I shall check it out soon!

Buy a second set of winter tires.

I shall check it out soon!
    call me, if ur home i'll stop by. and yeah i want winter tires. it has no spare, runflats. mad money!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

A friend of mine got a 335D recently and absolutely loves it. He also has a '07 M3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    A friend of mine got a 335D recently and absolutely loves it. He also has a '07 M3.
    funny story. when we were test driving it, we were about to go for it and an old guy in boat shoes, bermuda shorts and a floral button down (looked like he belonged in the bahamas) wanted to test drive it, he seemed to really like the car, (although i think it was the color) so we got back and he took it for a test right after. sure he was gonna take it off the lot, he got back and i was like soo how'd u like it? he goes, "it was ok, it needs another 100 horsepower" my first reaction was then why'd u test a diesel? so i told him well go check out that M3 over there. Turns out it was a competition coupe for 75k and he bought it.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Congratulations. Enjoy it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congratulations. Enjoy it!

thanks, def will

an Audi & a BMW
    LED's vs. Corona Halo's
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

It depends on how you drive...if you constantly flog it or have to use the power to climb mountains etc. the DEF will be used more quickly. There is a dash warning message that displays how many miles of driving is left in the canister when it gets near the recharge point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    It depends on how you drive...if you constantly flog it or have to use the power to climb mountains etc. the DEF will be used more quickly. There is a dash warning message that displays how many miles of driving is left in the canister when it gets near the recharge point.
    its got a 1.5 gallon active tank that is heated to be injected into the exhaust and a 4.5 gallon passive main tank. i believe BMW tried to get it to coordinate with oil changes so its something like ever 15k miles. It's not too expensive either, BMW charges a lot but apparently you can use the same stuff from VW and get it a lot cheaper. The computer warns you when you have 1k miles left and if that # goes to 0, you can't start the car until you fill the tank. There's a little hole in the driver side rear bumper to juice it up. there's no spare and the spot where the spare would go houses the urea tanks.

the 335d weights 200lbs (3800lbs) more than the 335i (3600lbs) which weighs 200lbs more than a 328i. (3400lbs) (all sedans without x drive)

Funny story, i drove it yesterday to a home depot. There's a little stretch of service road on the way so i decided to open it up a little. nothing major. i got out and it smelled like crap! smelt kinda like sulfer. so i was worrying. i'm thinking damn that sucks if when you open it up it smells like sulfer cause i'm thinking diesel has sulfer in it. i guess it was just the heat and the swampy meadowlands area that caused that because as i walked away it stilled smelled like shit! i was glad it wasn't my pretty little beemer! =)
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

wrong question....^^
    how often needs diesel to be added is the important issue here.

Glad we have another convert in our growing group, eh Albert?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I did a little calculation for my thesis on hybrids, and it turned out that the additional costs related to the urea, from an European point of view (price), are sort of the same as if the car needed one more liter of fuel every 100 km, considering the average mileage.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

My mate has a high urea content in his liver (which means he can't drink for three months to see if that helps), maybe he should buy one of these diesels and tap his liver...

Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information