Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
I fail to see that connection. The PT cruiser was a quirky alternative to a soccer mom van, to which I believe chevy answered with the HHR.
The SSR is pretty much a corvette truck afaik. Its also hugely popular here, with a large following of diehards that plan all sorts of events. They've got more fancy custom paint jobs on these things than you could shake a stick at. While it may not be common, its definitely not uncommon either.
The Prowler on the other hand is a little different. Despite its V6 its also got quite the cult status among the yanks and canucks. It had a pretty good run if you ask me. They built them for like 6 years.
Both vehicles will be (if they're not already) classics, as much as it may hurt some to hear that. I really don't understand peoples' hate towards these vehicles. I think its very refreshing to see something different driving around. I could never see myself owning either, but there's just something so cool about oldschool American.
When I read that post I must have confused SSR with HHR.

I don't know if I'd call it a Corvette truck. It's still ridiculously heavy for it's size and has all the disadvantages of its truck parentage with none of the utility. It's kind of like the Ram SRT-10 except they went with a heavily modified body instead of a heavily modified drive train. I prefer the Ram.