Thread: 1981-82 CanAm Frisbee Lola

1981-82 CanAm Frisbee Lola

I was surprised find this 81-82 CanAm Center-seat Frisbee Lola driven by John Morton in Paso Robles today. Last raced at Laguna Seca CanAm October 1982.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good to see John Morton driving, so no bad consequences from his Scarab acccident.
    (and these cars are butt ugly).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

lol i see '-,-' in its nose lol

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Good to see John Morton driving, so no bad consequences from his Scarab acccident.
    (and these cars are butt ugly).
    Just to clarify, this car was last raced by John Morton in 1982. He was not at the Paso Robles event. He was back at Laguna on Sunday after the Saturday Scarab accident, but was not up to driving the '64 Tiger on Sunday. I am sure he is in better shape now that he has had 3 more weeks to recover.

It was also good that Stirling Moss wasn't hurt when the RS61 was damaged.

I was talking to another friend yesterday about the Frisbee, and even though it was butt ugly, the ground effects & aero design, pretty much sucked it to the track surface. It didn't do too well in 1980, a few DNF's including an accident at Watkins Glenn. It performed better in 1982 with a 3rd at Mid-Ohio, a 4th at Trois-Rivieres, 4th at Mosport, & 5th at Riverside. Then it was done for '83.

Thread Information