Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NEW ROOSTER MOBILE! (let the flames begin!)

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Gross...no way. I am on my third camaro now so needless to say, i was not swayed by the transformers thing.
    Congrats! (No 5.0 though...)

What was the other other Camaro you had?

Why did you end up with this? You seemed fairly set on the Mustang.

Oh wow, I'm so jealous.

Congrats man!
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Congrats, not my personal choice, i'd choose the 5.0, but the camaro in black does look good!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Your Vehicle is approved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Do a burnout. Now. Come on, chop chop.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Haha thanks for "not even being mad".

Ultimately, you guys know i have been a chevy guy for a long time. I have owned a 1996 Chevy k1500 pickup, a 1998 GMC k1500 diesel pickup, a 1997 k1500 suburban, a 1992 Camaro z28 and a 2002 camaro z28. Gm products are what i know and have always loved. I've always had good luck with all my GM vehicles and they have been good to me (although i haven't always been that good to them!).

I have been test driving the mustang and the camaro back to back several times over the last few months. The first time, i really liked the mustang a lot more. But each time i have driven them, I have started liking the mustang a little less and a the camaro a little more. The last time i drove them both i actually liked the camaro more. Following that, i figured that the cars were probably close to a tie for me. And when in doubt, the tie has to go to the camaro.

Following that test drive the sales manager gave me one of those "winter is coming soon, we have a lot of inventory, what do i have to do to get you to buy this car today" We went back and forth for over a week and ultimately I got the car for about $1,300 below the INVOICE price. It was a deal I couldn't pass up, so I didn't!

Ultimately I like the camaro more because it is MUCH roomier inside. In the mustang you almost feel like you are sitting on your passengers lap. Additionally, the camaro's interior is a little bit nicer to look at, they are pretty close in quality some things are better in one than the other but the camaros is a little bit nicer and A LOT more comfortable.

The camaro also rides nicer, its a lot smoother over bumps in the road. The mustang rides a lot sportier and is more precise and quick steering but i chose the stability and comfort of the camaro. The camaro still handles very nicely and has good steering (just not as good as the mustang) but i felt that the mustang sacrificed a little bit too much in the stability and comfort department. Remember, i will be turning 30 in a few short years and having kids soon so i figured i probably wont be doing too much road racing or anything like that for long, but i would be taking long road trips so comfort and roominess was important.

Additionally, the motor/power had some influence. I have been dealing with Chevy small blocks in one way or another for my entire adult life. I know how they work, what they like, what they dont like. I also love the low end torque and power of the camaro. When you drive both cars they feel very very close in speed to where the winner of the race would usually be the driver, not the car. The mustang makes its speed with lightweight and clever gearing. The camaro makes its speed with power. Once you get used to a small block's powerband its hard to go elsewhere. The mustang is a fast car, dont get me wrong, but it doesn't feel like a powerful car (if that makes any sense). The camaro just feels a lot torquier than the mustang.

Additionally, the mustang does not have a lot of room under the hood. I plan to eventually do the usual bolt ons and what not. They really had to shoehorn the engine into the mustang. Just looking at it made my hands ache thinking about all the contortions and bruises they would go through trying to install some headers or do much of anything!

Finally, image had a lot to do with my decision. The Camaro is just a gorgeous car. Also, i feel like it is a much more "adult" or "mature" car. I feel like i would be a little embarrassed about taking a client or a partner somewhere in the mustang but i wouldn't feel that embarrassment in a camaro. Also, I dont know if I could ever get over the thought of saying "I drive a ford mustang" every time someone asks me what kind of car I have.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

What variant of Mustang were you looking at?

GT premium 6-speed 3.73 gears
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

GT premium 6-speed 3.73 gears
    Which is the information I didn't need.

2010 or 2011? Was it the 5L?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Which is the information I didn't need.

2010 or 2011? Was it the 5L?
    haha of course it was a 2011 5.0. I figured you knew that. There's no comparison between the 2010 4.6 and the Camaro. My mistake.

I don't think the old GT came with a six-speed.
    Do you have an endgame as far as mods (power, torque, weight etc...)?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I don't think the old GT came with a six-speed.
    Do you have an endgame as far as mods (power, torque, weight etc...)?
    Yeah I like to keep things very mild and low key for all my cars. (which is why i like to buy cars that are pretty fast stock).

As i mentioned earlier, I negotiated for a hurst shifter when i bought the car so that should be going in sometime soon.

My plan right now is Intake/headers/exhaust and a mild tune to maximize the gains from these while not hurting how it is as a daily driver (which is what it will be for the most part). The intake will almost certainly happen, the headers/exhaust may never happen, who knows (it never happened on either of my previous camaros). I'm kind of searching for an exhaust system that is just slightly louder than stock, but not super loud. These mods generally add up to about 400/400 at the wheels for most Camaros.

Cosmetically, part of the purchase price included tint (as you could see from the pictures) and that is really all i plan to do with the exterior.

I do plan to remove the engine cover because i hate it and i think it traps a lot of heat.

Nice, congrats! Bonus points on the color choice. Seems like the only ones I see around here are yellow V6's, orange V8's, or the occasional ghastly teal one.

Kooks LTs, O/R mid, and exhaust, plus a new cam with supporting mods, and you'll be at 450-460 easily! I really like how the LSXs respond to headers and cam.
    Turning money into memories.

Badass, congrats!

"...what do i have to do to get you to buy this car today"
    heh
    so many responses to that
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information