Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: THE NEW ROOSTER MOBILE! (let the flames begin!)

Kitdy, given the little information available to you about who I am as a human being, I am offended that you would think I would even consider a v-6 anything...much less a camaro!

Its a 2011 2SS 6-speed manual with the RS package. 2SS basically means the V-8, leather interior, and the 4 gauge cluster in front of the shifter. RS basically means some molding is painted body color and it has halo headlights and slightly differently colored taillights. Its an LS3 (6.2 litre v8 producing 426 hp @5900 and 420ft/lbs of torque @4600).

As to all this "white knob" commentary, i am actually getting the GM factory issue one which looks pretty much the same as the standard shifter only it has a tiny hurst emblem on it so to a casual observer it looks bone stock.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thank you...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Too much talking, not enough tyre smoke.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Another modification that i have purchased but not yet installed is a skip-shift eliminator.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

That sounds like something Billy Mays would sell..

BILLY MAYS HERE FOR SKIP-SHIFT ELIMINATOR
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I am somewhat familiar with the new Camaro because one of my Cadillac friends bought a 2010 in late Dec., 2009.

He chose blue, the V-8 and automatic transmission. He also bought from the dealer an interior chrome package (adds more chrome to the dash). I have not seen it since that was added but I did take some photos of it shortly after he bought it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    I am somewhat familiar with the new Camaro because one of my Cadillac friends bought a 2010 in late Dec., 2009.

He chose blue, the V-8 and automatic transmission. He also bought from the dealer an interior chrome package (adds more chrome to the dash). I have not seen it since that was added but I did take some photos of it shortly after he bought it...
    Cool. Congrats for him.

Tell him to check out Camaro5.com its a great 5th gen camaro website. lots of nice and knowledgeable people on there.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Cool. Congrats for him.

Tell him to check out Camaro5.com its a great 5th gen camaro website. lots of nice and knowledgeable people on there.
    Thanks for the information. I will pass along that website to him.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I'm not usually one for exhaust upgrades but straight pipe it if it hasn't been done already. It will sound even more epic. Regardless an epic car that must be scary fast and fun to drive. Also to those that keep telling him to do burnouts tires for performance cars are freakin' expensive. Ive spent more money on tires for my 330ci than anything else short of insurance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJ6rGGzErU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJ6rGGzErU[/ame]

here's my first "mod"

Gm factory hurst shifter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats....probably the fakest looking leather knob I've ever seen.

<cue "thats what she said" joke>
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thats interesting cause its real leather. Thats a GM factory part, not aftermarket.

is it a short throw shift kit that you had installed or just screwed on a nicer knob?

Also, you should definitely do the exhaust on this thing if you don't have a problem with loud noises. These cars were meant to be heard .

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    is it a short throw shift kit that you had installed or just screwed on a nicer knob?
    nicer knob of course.

Just kidding. Its a short throw kit. Its available as an option from the factory or as a dealer installed, factory aftermarket part. The nice thing is that its fully covered under the factory warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    nicer knob of course.

Just kidding. Its a short throw kit. Its available as an option from the factory or as a dealer installed, factory aftermarket part. The nice thing is that its fully covered under the factory warranty.
    very cool. Does it feel any different when shifting? Some tend to get clunkier, and in colder weather they sometimes require a little extra elbow grease.

Thread Information