Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another cache of brilliant cars

haha the RS is even RHD and everything!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

How does someone just end up with that stuff? Did they all come with the place when the guy bought it? I can't imagine him having owned all them and let them go to shit over the years... but then who'd be dumb enough to leave them there? I'm confused.

They may not all be my cup of tea, but nevertheless its still pretty exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Good luck with that, clutch... but just for yuks... if possible please advise the SN for the RS. Inquiring Porsche sleuths must know.
    and further to that, the Lotus Eleven Registrar might surely want to know the number of the 11.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    How does someone just end up with that stuff? Did they all come with the place when the guy bought it? I can't imagine him having owned all them and let them go to shit over the years... but then who'd be dumb enough to leave them there? I'm confused.

They may not all be my cup of tea, but nevertheless its still pretty exciting.
    The owner is also a classic car collector and bought the cars randomly as they came up forsale. His workshop will then take it ,rebuild it and stash it in the museum. Preserving cars for the future is a dream to some of us South Africans......I'll see if they will let me have the serial numbers.
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    Preserving cars for the future is a dream to some of us South Africans.
    Ask around here and I think you'll be pleased to find most of us have that same dream .

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Ask around here and I think you'll be pleased to find most of us have that same dream .
    You're right there Rob...here in South Africa is a lot of guys like this. The only thing that happens here is the day when this guy dies the wife calls in the scrapmetal merchant and sell the lot to him.
    It happened a couple of times. She builds up a hate for cars over the years and then cant wait for the old man to pass on.....some 64 cars from one collector went that way about 5 yrs ago.....

Also the reason why i call them scrap mental merchants
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Thread Information