Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jenson Button in Gun Attack

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    By the way, is chaubum armor depleted uranium armor?

I tried googling it, it never showed up.
    Wrong spelling, it is "Chobham".
    …and no it is not usual to find depleted uranium in Chobham armor, but it is found in some special variants of Chobham. It is typically a laminate of specially formulated ceramics and metal, usually titanium alloys, and sometimes heavy metal which can include depleted uranium.

Wikipedia gives as good an explanation as you will find outside of classified documents.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobham_armour"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobham_armour[/ame]
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    not sure but if you head over to box o' truth you can see some 'independant' testing lol.
    The Box O' Truth #48 - Laminated Bullet Proof Glass - Rifles - Page 1
    That's awesome, but if I was on the receiving end of that, I still wouldn't hesitate to shit myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    That's awesome, but if I was on the receiving end of that, I still wouldn't hesitate to shit myself.
    yep for sure!
    this is their test on a normal car
    The Box O' Truth - The Buick O' Truth #1 - Windshields Inside/Out - Page 1
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    I like that. Too bad hollywood doesn't do more research on these things before they release a movie lol.

Sheez, CHOBHAM
    Call it Burlington if you want the ripped off USA copy after visiting Chobham Common where it was invented.
    It can vary dramatically. In lightweight vehicles it uses an aluminium backing instead of the steel on the heavy armour. As stated many variants exist and yes we Brits are maybe guilty of calling all multi-layered ceramic/metal/fibre 'chobham' ... coz WE INVENTED IT
    So "Magnum...", yes the CHOBHAM armour on an Abrahms weighs LOTS coz it is intended to stop a top end anti-tank weapon. On a lighter vehicle it can be thinner/loghter.

Man I sometimes wish google did NOT ezist and stop internet-experts reading wiki pages and thinking that's it

Only joking lads, BUT pleae check facts adn sources
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I like that. Too bad hollywood doesn't do more research on these things before they release a movie lol.
    I liked too, especially the bit
    "It should be noted that armored vehicle glass works 2 ways, so do not try to shoot through armored vehicle glass."

Hollywood ? RESEARCH ?? Hell they cant even get things like Enigma right and you expect windscreens ?????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/07/s...hed-in-brazil/

looks like thats another one to add to the list
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

This isn't the first year teams were robbed there....maybe it's the worst though.

Happens dozens of times ever day for tourists.
    Even multinational corporates advice sets the expectation
    And not to bother wasting time going to the police !!

I was mugged 10 yards having just walked out of a 4star hotel on the Copacabana beach. THey got nothing --- sadly my Scottish upbringing over-rode the training and I DID fight them off. Silly But I went in, changed my torn clothes and back out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I was mugged 10 yards having just walked out of a 4star hotel on the Copacabana beach. THey got nothing --- sadly my Scottish upbringing over-rode the training and I DID fight them off. Silly But I went in, changed my torn clothes and back out again.
    Did you sunshine them and yell freedom really loud??

Did you sunshine them and yell freedom really loud??
    ROFL. He had to do that second to smearing blue paint on his face to help with the effect.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

My cousin is a Scot (he's also wee) and he was visiting here and was at a bus terminal. He was in the washroom when a guy said gimme your wallet. My cousin turned around and said something like: "Have you seen Braveheart? Well, I am Scottish. Screw off."

The dude left.

"screw off" ??? He must be from Edinburgh

Glaswegian would have told him feck off, pick a windae ..... yer leaving and gave him a Glasgae kiss

Rest of you ... typical Hollywood nonsense .... we don't stand their shouting anything ..... we get the first hit in and THEN shout

"screw off" ??? He must be from Edinburgh

Glaswegian would have told him feck off, pick a windae ..... yer leaving and gave him a Glasgae kiss

Rest of you ... typical Hollywood nonsense .... we don't stand their shouting anything ..... we get the first hit in and THEN shout
    No, he didn't say that, but the forum does not permit me to write what he said.

He was born in Dundee and raised in Arbroath (Arbroath FC FTW!)

we don't stand their shouting anything ..... we get the first hit in and THEN shout
    If put in a similar situation, I would probably be shouting.... while running in the opposite direction. Well I guess that depends on the size of the guy, but I'd rather not get stabbed. All I ever have on my person is a swiss army knife, and those don't open very quick, especially not with finger nails as dull as mine.

Thread Information