Thread: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

I pre-ordered this game a while back, and it came today. My God I was blown away.

When I talk (review) about any sort of products, I always talk about the pros and cons, but this game... I spent all day playing it with a friend, and we honestly can't find anything wrong with it. Only thing we haven't tried is online mode.

Here's what I think about the game, note that this is only my opinion

- Amazing graphics. Fantastic environments, and flawless car models. It is also very well optimised, so I can run it on full HD, and all graphics maxed out, and it will still not lag.

- Amazing physics. NFS physics has always been horrible ever since Undercover. I mean, Undercover physics was bearable, but everything after was horrible. This game not only has good physics for a NFS game, it has one of the best physics from a racing game I've ever played. But then this really is up to personal preferences.

- Amazing car choices. This game has A LOT of cars. From the Aston Martin One-77, to the Carbon Motors Police Interceptor. From the Porsche 918 Spyder concept, to the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. It really has almost everything you could want... except Ferraris. Every single one of these cars are incredibly accurate, and detailed. They are modeled extremely well.

- Amazing game play. This isn't a traditional racing game. Playing as cop has just as much importance as playing as racer. Not only that, you have weapons to deploy, such as EMP bombs, and helicopters, and of course the traditional spike strips. Both cop and racers have their own weapons, and it adds a whole new dimension to the racing game genre.

So there you have it. A rather long review of the new NFS racing game. I'm sure many of you has lost faith in the NFS series, and I certainly have too. But this one... I honestly am blown away.
    Last edited by Roentgen; 11-19-2010 at 06:52 AM.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Thread Information