Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apparently not forsale............

I don't know, I just see it as an old luxury car. I don't see any reason to be sad about this car any more than any number of old Caddies or Lincolns.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    I don't know, I just see it as an old luxury car. I don't see any reason to be sad about this car any more than any number of old Caddies or Lincolns.
    Then it's because you don't know about the Volvo and Merc' 600!

and the Volvo isn't a luxury car.

I initially didn't realize that it was a 600.

A 600 is a special car, if I'm not mistaken, it is one of those landmarks, one of the Benzs of all time.

Yes also very true, and still i feel sad about any old car that has not been looked after, especially if its a true classic. Always thinking on what went wrong here!!. I think the impact on how i feel is greater here in my country because there are not so many classics around.....Europe and America scrap a car much easier....
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

The 600 is a bit like a '57 Eldorado or a JFK Continental.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The 600 is a bit like a '57 Eldorado or a JFK Continental.
    more like an Eldorado Brougham....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    more like an Eldorado Brougham....
    That's the car I was referring to. The only Eldos in '57 were Broughams, weren't they?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That's the car I was referring to. The only Eldos in '57 were Broughams, weren't they?
    Eldorado Seville and Biarritz was also available in 1957.

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Then it's because you don't know about the Volvo and Merc' 600!

and the Volvo isn't a luxury car.
    I don't recall even mentioning the Volvo.

You could buy five lincolns AND five caddies for the price of one of those BACK IN THE DAY. Now, you could buy 10 MODERN caddies and 10 MODERN lincolns for that car. It was the Maybach of its day. That was when Mercedes OVER ENGINEEERED EVERYTHING. Its value is understandable, and if you can't appreciate that then all i can say is I'm sorry for you.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

One, I didn't say it wasn't valuable, only that I didn't place extra value on it.
    Two, you should check out the over engineering that went into the Broughams.
    Three, for my own use I wouldn't take the 600 over a Continental convertible.

Hi all,

There are MANY people like this around theworld
    Did any of you guys see the article about the guy in France who had 2 or 3(cant remember?) Miura,s together with 16 Renault Alpine,s -
    and loads of other sports cars.
    They were all left to rot he would not sell any of them, he even cut one of the Lambos in half, so a three could grow bigger
    This was in several car mags, one or two years ago, very sad.

Jens Christian
    Last edited by MARGRAVE W&P; 12-05-2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: spelling

I don’t know about you guys, but if some bloke came over to my house and asked for me to sell my abandoned 1973 Marantz amplifier on the basis that I am not using it / enjoying it / letting it go to waste / letting it fall into disrepair... I would tell you to go stick you self right up your own ass. Just because what you would do with something is different than what the owner does doesn’t give you the obligation or the right to give advice or complaints that I have seen throughout this thread.

Say what you want, but its a car, and the owner has EVERY right to do as he pleases until he feels that it is no longer a necessary belonging, and until that time, nothing can or should be done.

It’s a growing problem that I see in what I see everywhere... a person imposing their own beliefs on others until they submit or rebel. I personally feel sorry and sad about the lack of acceptance that is pervasive through the internet and the world, ending rant.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by MARGRAVE W&P View Post
    Hi all,

There are MANY people like this around theworld
    Did any of you guys see the article about the guy in France who had 2 or 3(cant remember?) Miura,s together with 16 Renault Alpine,s -
    and loads of other sports cars.
    They were all left to rot he would not sell any of them, he even cut one of the Lambos in half, so a three could grow bigger
    This was in several car mags, one or two years ago, very sad.

Jens Christian
    Any link to this Jens....
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Sledge has a point here. When I knew my own family sold a worthless Fiat 128 of my late grandfather, I thought it was a bit pointless because I think they barely got 1 € or 2 out of the deal, and I would have loved to trash that funky car on the countryside. At the same time, I left a motocross bike in a corner of our houses for I think 10 years, and then moved it under a three to get some rust for another couple of years or more. Than I managed to sell it for I think 70 or 100 €. I don't even remember which brand it was. possibly a KTM, from the seventies. Was it any good/worth? No idea, I'm not even sure how it ended at our place. All I know it was just too damn heavy and powerful for me.

I dislike when I see people not going after their cars, or even computer and electronic stuff in general, but then again I don't care if my shoes are falling apart and there is probably someone out there crying out loud every time he sees my poor shoes (just ordered a new pair, don't worry). I'm pretty sure each of us is overprotecting about something and completely careless when it comes to something else.

I don't give a damn also about my diet. Hate it. And I don't even have one!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information