Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
A friend wanted to buy a V6 but stepped away from it in the last second because somebody told him that the Cougar was horrendously unreliable. And because the spare parts cost a million Euros.

We still have lots of them around here because there are always some young folks which want to drive a coupe but don't have enough money to afford a BMW or a Merc. And because there aren't that many jap coupes around, Ford coupes (which don't cost that many, even in good condition) are nearly the only choice .

Drakkie, your Puma looks very nice. I don't see one of these in such a good condition very often. You must truely love that car .
I also considered a Cougar before buying this one. It was a little bit too expensive though for me to buy. It should be a daily driver (100km a day) and the fuel-cost would be too much. Not that the Puma is cheap with an average of 1l:12km.. And I don't need the extra space anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
We were also looking at the Cougar, but we decided against it because it was too big, too thirsty and tow expensive.

By the way, drakkie, our door panels also fell off. After 3 years and 50.000km.
Jeez that is pretty quick. It's a problem (one of it's many), but someone at the Puma club found a way to fix it forever using the aforementioned Renault parts. Did you get it fixed under warranty?