Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Schuppans 962CR's!?

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    You don't.
    No one thinks about modern race engines as a possible road car engines.
    The only modern Le Mans engine i can be think of, being use outside sportscars is the the JUDD V10, used in some Hill Climb cars.
    Running an engine on the road is just sad, as the engine will never use it full potential.
    That's actualyl what Audi pretends you to beliebe when trying to sell you the Q7 V12 TDI, despite that engine being the result of the V6's cylinder design, multiplied by 12 instead of 6.

Anyway, I don't really see your point. Not even an Enzo's engine is really used according to its full potential 99% of the time, wouldn't make much difference with if we were talking about an Audi R8 powered by.. an Audi R8 (race car) engine.

Besides, you should ask that Mr P4/5 guy...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    No one thinks about modern race engines as a possible road car engines.
    with this level of ESP , knowing what everyone on the planet thinks , you should be in politics ~

PS, my nissan sedan revs out to 8000 rpm . but it never has with me owning it. would this make you sad also ?

prehaps i should only own a pushbike because i never rev my cars to death for you ?
    Last edited by Badsight; 03-10-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    with this level of ESP , knowing what everyone on the planet thinks , you should be in politics ~

PS, my nissan sedan revs out to 8000 rpm . but it never has with me owning it. would this make you sad also ?

prehaps i should only own a pushbike because i never rev my cars to death for you ?
    I follow a lot of Sportscar forums, and have done so for years now, no one ever speak of making(wanting) a modern road car based on a Lmp racer.

No, it's not sad as your Nissan was made to drive on the road, so therefor it's "purpose" is fulfilled, something the 962 Flat 6 never will in a road car.

But listen, this debate is idiotic as i only expressed my opinion on the Schuppan, which you disagrees in.
    I can feel that this is going to wrong way so therefor i think we should stop before it gets to a state not worthy of UCP.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

prehaps not posting rediculous statements suchas racecar's have been "trashed" because the engine, in a different tuned form, is now road legal would serve UCP better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    prehaps not posting rediculous statements suchas racecar's have been "trashed" because the engine, in a different tuned form, is now road legal would serve UCP better ?
    Please.
    The idea of a Forum is to share knowledge and opinions.
    There was NOTHING wrong in me posting that i believe that the Schuppan is a trashed 962, otherwise the moderators would have contacted me. Besides i could support my opinion, which only adds to the legality in my post.
    Please let this stupid debate end, and lets agree in disagreeing.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Thread Information