Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: What do you think is the worst car ever?

No open top thanks. And if it wasn't for the lack of performance and the huge front end, I'd have considered the CR-Z.
    Actually, given I had the money, Abarth Evo for me.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    No open top thanks. And if it wasn't for the lack of performance and the huge front end, I'd have considered the CR-Z.
    Actually, given I had the money, Abarth Evo for me.
    I find the CR-Z interesting.

Intriguing, like the R8.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

AFAIK reviews were positive, even if everyone asked for more power.
    Personally I like the car, not the best choice out there, but there aren't as many coupes for that price to choose from. Anyway, the interior is fine as well, a bit too cheap maybe, but it was comfortable, plus I'm a fan of Honda's recent gauges. On the other hand visibility was weird because of the bulbous hood, and trying to get a sporty seat position only makes it worse.

However, for that price, you do want some more power.

The Chevy Vega

The Vega SHOULD have been a great car. GM did a lot of really good and creative work in developing the car. Many idea in the Vega were later adopted by the industry. In other words the car blazed a trail for others to follow all the while being good looking (for the time) and handling well for an econobox of the day.

So why say it's bad? Many reasons. First, GM got so many details wrong not because they weren't trying to innovate but because management didn't want to take the time to make sure they thoroughly tested and developed all the innovations! If you want to get a new car on the market and fast, stick to tried and true. If you want to get new technology on the market, take the time to test it carefully.

Perhaps even worse was that after the near complete failure that was the Vega GM didn't learn any lessons (there were many) and they didn't correct the fundamental corporate flaws that let the Vega out with such issues in the first place. No postmortum, no heads rolling for terrible mistakes. No one seemed to want to ask WHY.

Incidentally, BMW and I think at least one other euro maker deserve some shame for not learning from the Vega. The Vega engine was the first widely available engine in the US to suffer failure of it's aluminum cylinder walls due our higher sulfur gas. BMW made the same mistake about a decade later. Shame on them for not learning from the well publicized mistakes of others.

Car Lust: The Chevrolet Vega--What Went Wrong?

But what does a 122bhp TSi Scirocco cost?

On the other hand, as a concept it is very interesting and could pave the way for fun green cars. It may not be perfect yet, but I'm giving Honda the benefit of doubt on this one.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But what does a 122bhp TSi Scirocco cost?

On the other hand, as a concept it is very interesting and could pave the way for fun green cars. It may not be perfect yet, but I'm giving Honda the benefit of doubt on this one.
    The Scirocco is 1.500 € mroe expensive, but being a VAG car, I don't expect it to be powerful or anything else. Just overly priced, and I didn't really like it.

Anyway, the CR-Z being an Honda, I wouldn't have minded something more than that. OK, it's already more than the Insight (mind you), but something closer to the 150 bhp mark would have been nicer, even just from a psychological point of view.

Probably I'm just still dreaming of relatively cheap Type R models.

I'd really like to try to it though.

You see, that's the thing for me as well. I don't know if I want one, or I'd be prepared to spend on it what they are asking for it, but I'm really interested in driving one.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yugo, Lada, or any POS car like it.....
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Quote Originally Posted by I NEED NAWZZZ View Post
    Exactly what it says on the tin.

My vote goes to the Toyota Prius. Yes, really. Not because its some horrible eco box, but because of the dramatic irony that surrounds it. Since the Prius uses nickel batteries, the nickel has to be mined, and that is ridiculously damaging to the environment, but more of that in a sec. Then its loaded on to a gigantic coal powered ship and sent to continental Europe where its refined in a large factory, then flown to China where its turned into the foam, and then flown again to Japan where is finally put into the cars. The amount of damage Toyota do to the environment mean they probably have to sell... I dunno, a rough guess... 4,000,000 cars to make up for all that damage? Even then, they don't produce that many, so they'd have to follow that entire process and ruin the earth even more. And the nickel mine...
    Seriously, I don't care for the environment, but even I can tell thats not a small sacrifice for a car which was dubbed a "revolution" in motoring. Looks like a nuclear fallout to me. Plus, the car isn't even that economical. A petrol Fiat 500 will manage 70MPG, and thats about £5,000 less. The Prius, and all eco cars in general are useless gimmicks to make people think they're doing the world a favour, but they're not. They're gradually making it worse.

Seriously Toyota. Ditch all this eco bull and bring out the FT-86 or a new Supra. You might just spare your reputation then.
    Toyota are going to bring the FT-86 out, it will be expected later this year/early next year. And please, no new Supra.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

No new Supra?! Surely not old chap! Why, with a few simple mods they're faster than a Zonda!
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The Scirocco is 1.500 € mroe expensive, but being a VAG car, I don't expect it to be powerful or anything else. Just overly priced, and I didn't really like it.

Anyway, the CR-Z being an Honda, I wouldn't have minded something more than that. OK, it's already more than the Insight (mind you), but something closer to the 150 bhp mark would have been nicer, even just from a psychological point of view.

Probably I'm just still dreaming of relatively cheap Type R models.

Why not slap a tuning chip in the motor to get that extra horsepower? Idk how it'd react to the electric motors if at all but it's just a suggestion. They only cost what? An extra thousand?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    No new Supra?! Surely not old chap! Why, with a few simple mods they're faster than a Zonda!
    Most people will think the Supra is a good car, but i personally don't like it. Also i couldn’t care if a Supra was faster than a Zonda, just because the Zonda is my favour car it doesn’t mean every car has to be compared to it.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Why not slap a tuning chip in the motor to get that extra horsepower? Idk how it'd react to the electric motors if at all but it's just a suggestion. They only cost what? An extra thousand?
    Apparently Honda is going to bring out a Petrol CR-Z without an electric motor. I think this could be a great car, because i love the look of the CR-Z but i wish it was faster. If they bring a hot version out I hope they don’t over do it, because this car has the potential to be a great car, although doing a hot version on a car which is meant to be green requires caution.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I tend to consider only stock cars. Tuning is a bit of a different field, you don't have to worry about many factors and so it may be "stupid" to look for something good straight out of the box when you can get the same chipping (or something like that) a less expensive car.

If chipping the CR-Z was an option, then I'd have to consider that for all other cars, which would just mean all cars were a bit more expensive and faster, yet the differences between each other would be about the same.

Thinking about considerably increasing the power on an hybrid car, specifically a mild hybrid, you'd probably want to update the electric motor as well, I don't think it would be capable of standing the extra torque passing through it even when it's not actually working.

You could put a vote in for Ssang Yong, or any of those ridiculous cars that are coming out of China.
    But the problem with these cars, and with the Prius, is that there's a market for them. People want a car that's so committed to saving fuel, even if it doesn't save that much fuel and destroys the Earth in the process. People want Chinese cars because they're idiots, and they'd rather have a terrible and unsafe new car than a good quality current-model used Toyota for the same price.
    Once again, it's the Justin Bieber situation. It doesn't have to be good, as long as people want it.

And don't try and tell me Toyota can "save their reputation" by ditching the Prius for a reincarnation of the Supra. This is not true. Toyota has already shifted their reputation from the exciting sports car maker of the 90s, to a boring, safe, and environmentally conscious passenger car maker. And it's probably made them a lot of money. I'd say the continual development of the Prius and hybrid drivetrains, in the world we live in, is worth a lot more than selling sports cars. Especially when you consider what the cheap Japanese sports car market is now, compared to what it was 15 years ago.
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information