Thread: Interesting Project

Interesting Project

So my pastor gives me a call yesterday, and tells me about this guy Randy that goes to my church, who I've never met. The deal is this guy has this old Ferrari, it's either a 308 or a 328, and it's been off the road for like six months, it may need an engine rebuild. My pastor is kind of a gearhead and is trying to get some people together to get this Ferrari going again, and he wanted to know if I wanted to lend a hand. So of course I said sure.

Of course, rebuilding a transverse mid-mounted V8 is most likely going to be an unbelievable PITA, but I'm excited about the idea, so long as somebody else is paying for parts. This is a 328 motor:

The 308 motor is similar, but is .2 liters smaller in displacement and depending on the year may be SOHC.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

now THAT is 'outreach'

Got space in your congregation for a Scottish Missionary ????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Raleigh-Durham area is only 7 or 8 hours from Nashville, I'm available at the send of a PM or something similar
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Should be an awesome experience. And equippe you with some knowledge not many of us mortals will ever attain. Rebuilding a Ferarri motor. Might see you in the pits next year. Dont tell Werty, he'll be spewing.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Get a few pictures and the sound of it starting up if you get it working..

You are one lucky barstard!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I suspect this will be a lengthy project, depending on what is actually needed. I haven't even seen the car yet, hopefully this Sunday we'll be able to talk about it more.

Heh..if we end up tearing this thing down and building it back up, that will be some great experience. It'll probably make it seem like a cake-walk if I ever have to rebuild my VG30E.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

If you can please post pictures of the progress
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Thread Information