16 37.21%
  • WRX is, EVO isn't

1 2.33%
  • EVO is, WRX isn't

2 4.65%
  • WRX GO WHAAAAAAAAM PSHH WAAAAAM YOOO

6 13.95%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Impreza WRX and Lancer Evo, Sports Cars or not?

They are Sport Saloons, such as a Galant VR-4, or even a BMW 330d.

To compare them to cars like a Murci or a purpose designed sports-car seems slightly unfair, after all, these cars are in fact related to the rest of the Lancer/Impreza range.

They are fantastic for what they can do, and for such little outlay as well, but in the end they are just runabout economy cars dressed up in big wings, with big turbos, almost stock rice.

I don't mean to try and diminish the car's importance, but if you need a 4WD sports car, buy a Jensen FF, or indeed an Audi Quattro, at least they'll be worth something in a few years, and the Fanboys won't be hanging off.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I don't mean to try and diminish the car's importance, but if you need a 4WD sports car, buy a Jensen FF, or indeed an Audi Quattro, at least they'll be worth something in a few years, and the Fanboys won't be hanging off.
    u really gotta be more specific about the Audi quattro, almost all audis have quattro all wheel drive, and an evo will beat anything short of the A8 and since the A8 is a 4 door wouldnt that make it a saloon as well? what exactly makes the quattro a sports car and the evolution or sti not one? cuz to my knowledge all 3 have had their reign in the rally field.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    u really gotta be more specific about the Audi quattro, almost all audis have quattro all wheel drive, and an evo will beat anything short of the A8 and since the A8 is a 4 door wouldnt that make it a saloon as well? what exactly makes the quattro a sports car and the evolution or sti not one? cuz to my knowledge all 3 have had their reign in the rally field.
    For someone with the audacity to call folks owned by playing tricks with other cars, you sure tripped up on this glaring error.

Lets go through it step by step.....

An Audi is made by Audi
    An Audi Quattro has the Audi 4WD Quattro system
    All other Audis do NOT have 4WD

There are lots of models that aren't Quattro

WHAT was the phrase you used ...... OWNED

The point IB4R was making is that all these cars become worthless and outdated VERY quickly. A new body kit by Veilside and you can lose half the value on the piece of plastic sh!t with the old stuff on. Jensen FFs and Audis ( real Quattros, not the merchant bankers versions ) hold their price VERY well.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    For someone with the audacity to call folks owned by playing tricks with other cars, you sure tripped up on this glaring error.

Lets go through it step by step.....

An Audi is made by Audi
    An Audi Quattro has the Audi 4WD Quattro system
    All other Audis do NOT have 4WD

There are lots of models that aren't Quattro

WHAT was the phrase you used ...... OWNED

The point IB4R was making is that all these cars become worthless and outdated VERY quickly. A new body kit by Veilside and you can lose half the value on the piece of plastic sh!t with the old stuff on. Jensen FFs and Audis ( real Quattros, not the merchant bankers versions ) hold their price VERY well.
    well considering i used the word ALMOST, that pretty much renders everything u just said meaningless ... whats that word i used ? OWNED
    btw which audi cars dont come with quattro all wheel drive? i was under the impression that nearly all of them come with quattro AWD as an option

and btw i really couldnt care less if the evo depreciates at 20% or even 30% hell i wouldnt care if it looses all its values in a year. if i were to buy a car like this, i would be in for the performance, not because its an investment opurtunity. if i wanted that id go into stocks
    Last edited by KnifeEdge_2K1; 06-04-2004 at 08:11 PM.

and just to screw u over even more, its audi quattor ALL WHEEL DRIVE, not 4WD

Dude,
    you can not compare lancer to evo - evos have their roots in lancer, but these days lancers are a heap of scrap metal and evo's are a rally weapon.
    To the people who dont think they are sports cars, have you ever driven an evo or wrx sti??

they may not have the terminal speed but they have shiteloads of acceleration, 0-100 times that rival that of supercars, and for a reasonable price tag.

coz they may not look much but they have a reasonable amount of power, awesome handling - in any condition or on any surface and are just fun and easy to drive.

but then on the other hand- they dont look really sporty- four door sorta standard car lookin - but then who is looking at the car while they are in the drivers seat and having a great time?

good stuff. - thats my opinion, go and buy your own.

Everyone I know who would care knows exactly what an Audi Quattro is, so for most people, you don't need to be more specific.

Also an Audi Quattro Sport, S4, S6, RS2, RS4, RS6, as well as a few lesser models, will all probably beat their contemporary WRX's and EVO's.

And they are still not sports cars.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by v8eta
    Dude,
    you can not compare lancer to evo - evos have their roots in lancer, but these days lancers are a heap of scrap metal and evo's are a rally weapon.
    To the people who dont think they are sports cars, have you ever driven an evo or wrx sti??

they may not have the terminal speed but they have shiteloads of acceleration, 0-100 times that rival that of supercars, and for a reasonable price tag.

coz they may not look much but they have a reasonable amount of power, awesome handling - in any condition or on any surface and are just fun and easy to drive.

but then on the other hand- they dont look really sporty- four door sorta standard car lookin - but then who is looking at the car while they are in the drivers seat and having a great time?

good stuff. - thats my opinion, go and buy your own.
    when did we compare lancers to evolutions ...

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Everyone I know who would care knows exactly what an Audi Quattro is, so for most people, you don't need to be more specific.

Also an Audi Quattro Sport, S4, S6, RS2, RS4, RS6, as well as a few lesser models, will all probably beat their contemporary WRX's and EVO's.

And they are still not sports cars.
    what do u mean "their" contemporary wrxs and evos. there are only 1 of each, excluding the prodrive and fq versions

you still havnt defined what an audi quattro is, as far as im concerned any car with the quattro all wheel drive which includes as ive mentioned already almost every car in its line. unless you specifically mention a single model then you're comparing an entire company with one car

and btw audi rs6 probably won't beat the evo, its slalom speed is 2mph under the evo's and quarter mile is lower by about a second. its power to weight is also lower than the evo (FQ340 MR)

if you're gonna compare the top of the line audi then its only fair that you compare it with the top of the line evo

btw i checked the tog gear site, evo VIII GSR FQ300 1:28.9, audi s4 1:30.9, wrx sti 1:30.1

what do u mean "their" contemporary wrxs and evos. there are only 1 of each, excluding the prodrive and fq versions
    By contemporary I aknowledge that comparing the Audi RS2 with the current Impreza WRX does not make sense - as technology has changed as have performance levels.

So:
    RS2 vs Evo III / 1995 WRX
    RS4 vs Evo VI / 2000 WRX
    RS6 vs Evo VII / 2002 WRX

you still havnt defined what an audi quattro is, as far as im concerned any car with the quattro all wheel drive which includes as ive mentioned already almost every car in its line. unless you specifically mention a single model then you're comparing an entire company with one car
    The Audi Quattro:
    Thanks for all the fish

Not meaning to take sides, I think conventry's got the better argument here...

so ur talkin about the old school quattro? u think that will beat a current day lan evo or impreza? ... please tell me ur kidding

[QUOTE=Coventrysucks]
    So:
    RS2 vs Evo III / 1995 WRX
    RS4 vs Evo VI / 2000 WRX
    RS6 vs Evo VII / 2002 WRX
    [QUOTE]

see that makes more sense
    but i still dont see how you can compare 80 something grand cars with others in the 20-30s range ...

although the audi's are faster, they can't really be considered sports cars as they're luxury sports saloons/estates. and even though you may not agree with me that the evo or impreza is a sports car, its pretty amazing that they can compete with cars with twice the power, and twice the price

Whoa, what happened while i was away!

the point i was making is that you'd be better off investing your hard earned dosh on a car like the Audi Quattro Coupe than on the latest MistuBaru Impcer Evo Sti.

Take this as my opinion and at face value, I do agree that it is unfair trying to compare stuff like the RS2 to the Impreza Hatch, but i happen to think that neither of them is a sportscar in the strictest sense, as defined by the dictionary meaning a bit further back. Both of these cars fall into the Sports Saloon Catagory. Simple.

I might have lost a few people with my comment, so i'll clarify, the Audi Quattro, the car, not the drive system, will always be more important than a Impreza or a Lancer, Simply because it's a monumental acheivement. The quattro is a sports car because it fills the brief, because it's a great achievement, rahter than Evo's being carbon copies of the last one, plus a fantastic wing. It's just a personal bias.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information