Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what anti virus software do you use?

^^^ Used to too. But now keep it and Trend Micro as my second run ones if I suspect a virus and nothing is finding it. They all work slightly differently so chances are if oen doesn't spot it another one might
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Trend Micro have (had?) a free browser based virus scan called Housecall that was always good for cleaning up a system.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^ Used to too. But now keep it and Trend Micro as my second run ones if I suspect a virus and nothing is finding it. They all work slightly differently so chances are if oen doesn't spot it another one might
    Yeah, I have heard it's a good idea to have two of them in case one doesn't catch a certain virus.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

yep, but dont ever run 2 of them "live" as they nearly always interact and screw up your system performance Only ever have one "installed" and use the others live or online scan.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Kaspersky, bought it for $40 3 user 2 year licence.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    what kind of anti virus software do you use? do you have any good anti virus software to recommend? any opinion on the free anti virus softwares that are available right now? currently i am using the free one from grisoft.
    www.grisoft.com
    That's the one I use, although as it's the free version it is limited in what it does, so I also use the free version of Lavasoft AdAware to take care of spyware and the free version of ZoneAlarm for a firewall.

It seems to do the job just as efficiently as something that you would pay good money for....

..... will keep "selling" the Microsoft Essentials, whcih is FREE

Now had another company that had a "kit of parts" of free solutions that ended up compromised and now on Essentials and tested it by doing the same actions that caught them before and it trapped it perfectly ! ( They foolishly had a USB drive used in an internet cafe in Malawi and plugged in on office laptop !! )

Took the opporuntity to educate AGAIN that anti-virus et al software is like a seat belt. You still have to drive safely and avoid risks

Ive just switched to Kaspersky internet security 2012 had previous editions think it's the best.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    None. I have a Mac

Surprised the virus guys haven't exploited Apples more. Eventually I am sure I'll have to get something. 3 years on though and that darn computer seems like it will never die. Viva la Macintosh.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information