Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your ride recently?

what brand are they? i'd love some for the track.

not stock manifolds, it's a fabspeed system with their heater boxes on. i was looking at playing around with something lighter in terms of mufflers but just read that there is no point unless i retune it to suit as the engine is tuned for the stock manifolds and will run quite lean with megaphones.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I realize they aren't the stock heat exchangers... looks pretty trick and probably not much heavier than headers. There are a couple of makers of reproduction RSR stuff, not sure who made those. And yeah, pipes require fuel adjustments.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

progress, chaps..

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    what brand are they? i'd love some for the track.
    Subject recently discussed... one guy has a set used, cheap. Does anybody make Sport Kit 2 type Megaphones copies
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    progress, chaps...
    I should say so! Nice goin'... two at a time!

waiting on a wiring loom... if anybody can hook me up much appreciated

Just go to Jaycar buy a few metres of wire and lay it out. Can't be any less neat or reliable than the original!
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Can get them from any number of Mini Spares providers in the UK for about £40 .... BUT, "original" looms will come with the useless bullet connectors. I'm with Cyco, go make your own with decent connectors !!

(Drop me a line if you have problems getting in the UK and I can see if I can sort for you )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I installed a new battery, O2 sensor, rear drum brake shoes and wheel cylinders. Next up is to clean out the EGR valve on a 1989 Chevy 4x4 3/4 ton pickup.

Ha! I've done 95% of all my mechanic work since a teenager. What did the auto repair place want to replace the rear wheel cylinders and shoes? Over 400 bucks! I saved about 300 bucks doing it myself, even though I was being lazy about it and wanting to see if I could get it done "cheap."...Took me and my brother about 2 hours to do it, including 20-30 minutes to bleed the brakes.
    Last edited by NorTex; 11-13-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    "When travelling down the freeway, the first bug to hit a clean windshield will always land directly in front of the driver's face."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Can get them from any number of Mini Spares providers in the UK for about £40 .... BUT, "original" looms will come with the useless bullet connectors. I'm with Cyco, go make your own with decent connectors !!

(Drop me a line if you have problems getting in the UK and I can see if I can sort for you )
    minisport (forgot to check minispares, good catch) say the loom i am after for a 1275 clubman with rover type electric fuel pump on rear subframe is a special order item and i have to ring them up sometime. pain in the ass. might just buy a new one from wherever and modify it to suit.
    usually it's a simple job of sending the existing loom off to a local mob and they send back a new one made to suit, the issue is i just don't have one to start with!

no more heater boxes..

Finally... back on the road!

After a long year and two other projects seeing completion first (wife's Targa and the 914/6 GT) my beloved 356 is running & driving.
    Gonna put a couple hundred miles on it over the weekend.

Still have a punch list but the ride, handling and drivetrain are terrific. Running the SC/912 engine which has tremendous grunt, and still 6V. It's clear I'll need to convert the car to 12V when the Polo4 engine is installed. Looking pretty snazzy. Dig the interior and trick headlight setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seething with jealousy right now.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

that throttle pedal is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    After a long year and two other projects seeing completion first (wife's Targa and the 914/6 GT) my beloved 356 is running & driving.
    Gonna put a couple hundred miles on it over the weekend.

Still have a punch list but the ride, handling and drivetrain are terrific. Running the SC/912 engine which has tremendous grunt, and still 6V. It's clear I'll need to convert the car to 12V when the Polo4 engine is installed. Looking pretty snazzy. Dig the interior and trick headlight setup.
    Wow, that's an incredibly awesome Porsche.

I love the yellow lights indeed, and that interior is very swanky as well.

Sweet zombie Jesus, I love that car. A lot. Stunning through and through.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information