Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 17(may contain spoiler)

Top Gear Series 17(may contain spoiler)

Well I'll start one of these....

I actually don't remember what was in the first episode, but I just finished the 2nd and I thought it was properly entertaining....aside from the bit of them getting the notation of "positive" camber wrong....

The whole part of the Monaco was epic...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

17x01 was at most average, livened up by that good looking girl.

17x02 had potential, but despite the cocking about I failed to see the point of the hot hatch test. Where was the conclusion?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I dunno about you, but I came to my own conclusion - I'd have the Fiat.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    17x02 had potential, but despite the cocking about I failed to see the point of the hot hatch test. Where was the conclusion?
    I was waiting for that as well. They actually said very little about the cars, save for one brief part.

Both were sub-par, but better than basically any other crap on TV, and crucially, still worth my time.

When do you guys think TG peaked?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I dunno about you, but I came to my own conclusion - I'd have the Fiat.
    Well, the Citroen is a limited edition, the Renault has been pretty much discontinued and the Fiat is the wrong version (which I thought only came as an auto)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I was waiting for that as well. They actually said very little about the cars, save for one brief part.

Both were sub-par, but better than basically any other crap on TV, and crucially, still worth my time.

When do you guys think TG peaked?
    5th Series?
    Visca Catalunya!

New Ep today, Herr Vettel was the F1 Star in a Reasonably Priced Car. Probably one of the best segment of its kind IMO....the guy in genuinely interesting and "human" as opposed to the robot image on him winning races....of course that goes away when you let him drive a car....

McLaren MP4-12C was tested, Range Evque was tested, and 2 sub 7k sterling used car were tested....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Vettel's interview was good and I really enjoyed the Executive-Coupes-for-Less-Than-a-Nissan-Pixo test. Their judgment of the McLaren was consistent with what I've seen elsewhere feel-wise, but its time did surprise me. The Evoque bit was only worthwhile because of James' introduction.

This past episode was absolutely phenomenal. Also I said a little while back that the McLaren MP412 or whatever it's called would top the lap board. If it wasn't for that pesky Ariel it would have taken the throne.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

A car episode, how strange...

Shame about the shortness of the second hand super coupes segment, it had potential to develop into a full two piece film with several challenges.
    Visca Catalunya!

I agree with all of you, the last episode was great, one of the best i think because it was all about car not mucking around. Like other have said, Vettel was genuinely interesting and human, great guy, i think he defiantly deserves to win F1 this year.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Riced-out cat versus corpulent Godzilla did almost nothing for me. That might be due to my indifference towards both cars but I feel like they didn't really show anything tangible, we didn't even get to hear that much of the Jag's exhaust note.

I found the launch-control bashing entertaining mostly because I agree. The train segment was fun and all but was nothing special.

I've always assumed that Rowan Atkinson's driving was similar to his acting so I was quite surprised when his slow-looking lap was as quick as it was.I was also hoping for more footage (and challenges) of the V12 luxosleds.
    EDIT: From last week, not Jeremy's TGV12

All in all well worth my time, but nothing special.

^^^ Also, in Rowan Atkinson's new film he will be useing The Rolls-Royce Phantom with Rolls-Royce 9.0 V16 engine. I found out when BMW brought the rights to Rolls they planed to build the phanton with a 9.0 V16 engine in it. sadly at the last moment Rolls decided not to use the V16 engine and use the engine they use now. In the new film Rowan Atkinson's in he asked Rolls if they could fit there 9.0 V16 engine into a Phantom for they film. (apparently Rolls have a few 9.0 V16 engine lying around in there factory) The good thing is it fits because the Phontom was desined to use the V16 engine.

Appart from the cizeta V16 is there any other road cars with a V16 engine.
    Last edited by thebrochureman; 07-18-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

^^^ Just found another V16 road car. The 1930 Cadillac Series 452-A V16, During an eleven year production, 4076 V16s were constructed in several series. Minor upgrades separated the types which included 452, 452B, 452C, 452D.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

^^^ Thank. 200 bhp from a V16, probable good in 1933 but i was thinking how much engines have come on, you can get 200bhp out of a four pot engine now.
    Last edited by thebrochureman; 07-18-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information