A 2003 Civic Type R with 120.000 km on the clock can be aquired for under 13K in Euro's.
Interesting option.

A 2005 Golf V GTI with approx. 100.000 km on the clock costs around 15K here. Don't know, there is something which is holding me back though. Maybe because everyone drives a Golf here.

There are a lot of Astra's on the road here as well. Although I like the styling of the newer generations, not too special really.

I really like the Citroen DS3 but it is far too new to be affordable. And then the only desirable 'entry' model would be the one with 150 hp (preferred option would be 200 hp).

The new Abarth Punto Evo is awesome but also still too expensive. I double checked the pre-facelift model and indeed they can be found cheaper, around 15K is certainly possible.

Alfa Romeo MiTo I am confused. Sometimes I see it and I think it is stunning, the other day I am not too convinced about the styling. In my case, the only interesting model would start with the 155 hp version. The QV version would be even better.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the looks of the new Mini, although I know there are fast like blizzards. You can easily find them around 15K.

Clio still stands out with a hefty 200 hp. The reviews are also good and I like the car. Also, interesting enough it is the newest low mileage car in the list (I made a typ-o above, it is a 2008 model) for under 14K.

The 2004 Seat Ibiza 1.8 20VT Cupra (old 'boxy' model) I like very much as well. Does someone have experiences with this car?

2008 Opel Corsa OPC (192 hp) I considered, they are a little above budget still though.

Peugeot 207/208 GTI... Did not thought about these yet.

Anymore I forgot?