Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camaro being prepared for FIA GT3 and ADAC.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    I'll side with thoose betting on poor performance, even if it is slighty more moder than the mustang, the aerodynamics alone will set it back. That front is no Corvette.
    The cars in GT3 are performance balanced, so the aerodynamics or the actual performance are not really a factor.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The old Katech block had DI? I did not know that.

So the car is based on the Z06 then still sorta?

Also, I remember reading years ago on this forum about a Katech built road Vette ZR1 competitor. I saw it or its descendent in a Vette magazine a few weeks ago - ZR1 power from a 7L NA engine. Cool shit; imma look into it.
    The last iteration of the C6.R GT1 car had DI. At that point they weren't really competing with anybody....Then the GT2 5.5 liter also had DI, but IMSA/ACO made them remove it as the production car did not have it. That set the program back a lot as they were lacking power against the other cars initially...

Z06 and ZR1 are closer in GM's production spec anyway, as both car uses the aluminum hydroformed chassis vs regular Vette's steel frame....And since they can't run the supercharged motor in GT class, the differentiation for the road car doesn't really apply to the racer...

Pratt & Miller built the C6.RS initially with the Katech race motor from the GT1 car. But as ZR1 came out the power output of the C6.RS doesn't seem so impressive anymore(I think it was something like 650bhp, normally aspirated V8), and they were having a lot of "race motor problems" with it(seals in race cars are designed to be serviced at short intervals, so they had leaks and other issue). They ended up upgrading to a supercharged motor build directly out of GM's own race engine builders...I think its 750+ bhp now.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The cars in GT3 are performance balanced, so the aerodynamics or the actual performance are not really a factor.
    How do they balance the field? weights, restrictors?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Yep...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The Z06 uses the LS7 7 litre engine, doesn't the ZR1 use a 6.2/6.3 litre V8?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeno52 View Post
    The Z06 uses the LS7 7 litre engine, doesn't the ZR1 use a 6.2/6.3 litre V8?
    Yes, C6.RS though is a supercharged 7 Liter...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information