Thread: WWII fact

WWII fact

my grandpa fought in WWII and when he met Russians in Germany as the war was ending the Russians scoffed as his troops something like "well if u guys are so great in America then why on earth are you driving Russian Jeeps?" and had a good laugh. The Russian troops had been told that the American Jeeps they were driving were Russian made. All serial numbers or insignia had been taken off with acid or other such methods and replaced with Russian lettering and badges. i found this to be pretty interesting.

I don't really think that is true, because the bantam car compnay designed the jeep, then willy's overland, ford and other companys made the jeeps, there was no reason to get them from russians.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Interesting because the Russians had their own version of the jeep, the GA-67. It looked a lot like a Jeep but the headlights were visibly different.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Well this has already been posted in Matra's name the badges thread but the Russian company UAZ who make cars similar to the Jeep Wrangler have off-road capability second to only the Range Rover.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

obivously i cant provide concrete proof but im just goin by what stories my grandpa has passed down.

Interesting...

I have watched a lot of WWII documentries but never noticed that...maybe it was a seperate incident
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

my grandpa, has told stories about that they had very little food.They had to eat flowers!!!!

My Grandfather was the mayor of an small Italian city in WWII, and couldn't speak a lick of Italian.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Interesting because the Russians had their own version of the jeep, the GA-67. It looked a lot like a Jeep but the headlights were visibly different.
    Just small notice - "GAZ - 67" - fully original russian car, what started before Bantam's Jeep
    Attached Images Attached Images

the story may be true, enemy and allied vehicles were used by both sides in the war, for example the germans captured many american sherman tanks and used them in battle, the same goes for the americans who obviously found a bunch of russian jeeps and used them in the war.

Thats the weirdest thing!!!
    It seems like somebody came on here and said that awhile... are you just copying that from somewhere...??
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

hahaha.... my bad, this WAS dead, and now its back. WHOOPS!!!
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx
    Just small notice - "GAZ - 67" - fully original russian car, what started before Bantam's Jeep
    that is a great design i'd imagine it has amazing offroad performance. It has a really interesting desgin
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information