Thread: Bmw K1200s

Bmw K1200s

I know it's not a car, but what do you think of the new BMW K1200S? It's lookin' awesome so far ^^. Not long ago, I was drooling over the Hayabusa and ZX12R, and now this... Wow. Anyway, lemme know what you think about it. I know it's not a car, but there isn't a production car that I know of that can outrun one of these in the 1/4 mile (without any modifications). This thing should run at least in the 9's, that's what a Hayabusa does.

http://www.face-the-power.com/

EDIT: I hope no one minds me posting this here, lemme know if it should be somewhere else. I figured since it's a BMW and all...

EDIT 2: Darn, it lowercased my title :P.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Should be a really nice bike just like all of BMW's are. Definately faster than most cars but I doubt it will get into the 9's in the quarter. The only bikes capable of getting into the 9's are the Hayabusa, ZX-12, and some of the new liter bikes like the R1, and the GSXR-1000.

Thumbs up WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWw

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWw

WHat an awsom machine.... I v been on the K 1200 S syte for 2 hourse and i m realy intrested in this bicke...BUT didnt find any pic PLZZZZZZZ SOME HELP... I want to know the price of this bicke and some performance PLZ...

Well i have only 1 nice pic but i would like to have other s in different agnles PLZ

I TRIED TO POST IT BUT it s a (BMP) & dont know how to change it to (JPG)

This weeks MCN has more info and pics - but still no out and out performance figures yet. Seemingly final gearing is still being worked on.

They're quoting 160bhp which isn't all that great.
    Especially with the new Duc' coming with 190 from 1000cc

What will be interesting is the front suspension and how well it actually handles real roads. The problem with purchasers of sports bikes is we expect them to be fast turning, needing a little bit of muslce'n'ballz to make them sing sweetly round twisties. BMW might be too good !!

Looks nice though and at least it doens't have a crappy boxer.
    No more worrying when turning the throttle on right-handers

Weight is quoted in MCN as 210Kg, so 9 seconds is feasible
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i like your uni-brow hahahaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Should be a really nice bike just like all of BMW's are. Definately faster than most cars but I doubt it will get into the 9's in the quarter. The only bikes capable of getting into the 9's are the Hayabusa, ZX-12, and some of the new liter bikes like the R1, and the GSXR-1000.

Actually, it's more powerful than a Hayabusa and will weigh about the same, so the numbers should be much similar.

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    i like your uni-brow hahahaaaaaaaa
    Hehe, thanks . I don't bother much with my facial hair, which is why I have a beard and such . I figure, why bother? I look good enough for me.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Quote Originally Posted by Gnafu the Great
    Actually, it's more powerful than a Hayabusa and will weigh about the same, so the numbers should be much similar.
    Not according to MCN. This week they're saying the power is around 160hp. The hayabusa is 172.

Still will be a fast bike.
    But in the meantime all the other 1litre bikes are getting more powerful still
    It's all going to come down to that front suspension.
    Designed by a car designer, will it REALLY work the way a biker wants/needs ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Not according to MCN. This week they're saying the power is around 160hp. The hayabusa is 172.

Still will be a fast bike.
    But in the meantime all the other 1litre bikes are getting more powerful still
    It's all going to come down to that front suspension.
    Designed by a car designer, will it REALLY work the way a biker wants/needs ??
    Really? Wow, I thought the 'Busa was closer to 160hp . And I saw a magazine ad for the K1200S that said it was 168hp . Anywho, it should still run in the 9's. As for the suspension, it sounds good. I read an article in Cycle World about the whole bike and it sounds simply awesome ^^. Anywho, it'll be fun to see what it's like when everything's been finalized.

stock busa's make about 161hp to the wheel, its factory rated at about 175 i belive, this bmw is a little late to the game, the busa and 12R have already been there and done that and it seems this beemer is playing catchup. the new ninja ZX10R(184 factory claimed hp) and R1(180 claimed hp) weigh in at less than 400lbs (wheres the bimmer weighs about 465lbs give or take) and are actually made to handle unlike this overpowered sport touring bikes. they'r great if you have a long stretch of road but if you want to have some fun in the twisties and still keep up you'll do better with a smaller bike. if you like doubling and tripling the posted speed limit for long periods of time in reletive comfort these are the bikes for you
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Bikes with shaft drive (like the BMW) are usually slower than chain driven bikes. For maximum performance you want chain drive. Shaft drive bikes require less maintanence than chains, shaft drive also weighs more than chain bikes.

i tend to prefer the F650 CS and the F650 dakar. those are quite lovely rides. but their probably too small for me. being tall is a bitch sometimes...
    UCP's most hardcore skunk

Ok i v been able to change my pic to a (JBG) and her it is and if you have any other pic PLZ post them.... I m leaving this on U (LFB666 i gess that s how it s writen )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    Ok i v been able to change my pic to a (JBG) and her it is and if you have any other pic PLZ post them.... I m leaving this on U (LFB666 i gess that s how it s writen )
    Ooh, yeah, I have that one ^^. I'd make it my desktop, but I'm using my dad's computer right now .

Thread Information