View Poll Results: What was the best American Police Sedan?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ford Crown Victoria

9 39.13%
  • Chevrolet Impala

2 8.70%
  • Chrysler Intrepid

1 4.35%
  • Chevrolet Caprice

0 0%
  • Dodge Polara 440

6 26.09%
  • Ford Taurus

2 8.70%
  • Plymouth Gran Fury

3 13.04%
  • Chevrolet Lumina

0 0%

Thread: Greatest American Police sedans

Greatest American Police sedans

The greatest American Police sedans, not highway patrol like the Mustang and Camaro
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Plymouth Gran Fury ... probably biased due to my love of The Blues Brothers movie, but still my choice.

Dodge Polara 440. I love the car, period.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

My favourites are the 1970s Dodges and Plymouths.
    Mid-size: 73-77 Dodge Coronet, 78 Dodge Monaco, 73-74 Plymouth Satellite, 75-78 Plymouth Fury.
    Full-size: 74-77 Dodge Monaco/Royal Monaco, 74-75 Plymoputh Fury, 76-77 Plymouth Gran Fury.

On second place is the Ford Custom 500/Galaxie/LTD from 1973 to 1978, while I see it as the epitome of the Detroiter big iron school, but it looks to me less adequate in police livery.

Back then manufacturers were offering police packages of popular American family sedans, these days it seems Ford Crown Victorias are mostly used as squad cars (or taxis).

The new cubist Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum might do a good job as coppers' wheels.

I saw a police SVT Mustang recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hispano Swissa
    My favourites are the 1970s Dodges and Plymouths.
    Mid-size: 73-77 Dodge Coronet, 78 Dodge Monaco, 73-74 Plymouth Satellite, 75-78 Plymouth Fury.
    Full-size: 74-77 Dodge Monaco/Royal Monaco, 74-75 Plymoputh Fury, 76-77 Plymouth Gran Fury.

On second place is the Ford Custom 500/Galaxie/LTD from 1973 to 1978, while I see it as the epitome of the Detroiter big iron school, but it looks to me less adequate in police livery.

Back then manufacturers were offering police packages of popular American family sedans, these days it seems Ford Crown Victorias are mostly used as squad cars (or taxis).

The new cubist Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum might do a good job as coppers' wheels.
    Glad to see a fellow Mopar fan!
    I'm surprised you chose so many post-1971 cars, since the musclecar era died in that year. A member of my family has a 1966 Coronet 500 Convertible with a 440 (drool!!!) Now that's a musclecar!

I agree with you, I think the new 300 will make a great cop car, as long as it's with the Hemi!
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    Glad to see a fellow Mopar fan!
    I'm surprised you chose so many post-1971 cars, since the musclecar era died in that year. A member of my family has a 1966 Coronet 500 Convertible with a 440 (drool!!!) Now that's a musclecar!

I agree with you, I think the new 300 will make a great cop car, as long as it's with the Hemi!
    I’m simply more familiar the USA’s highway scenary of the 1970s than that of the 1960s (in that decade I mostly got to know cars from older times).
    N.B.: I voted for the Polara.

I'm hoping to see a Chrysler 300 limosuine. I think a black stretched 300 would look fantastic.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Hispano Swissa
    I’m simply more familiar the USA’s highway scenary of the 1970s than that of the 1960s (in that decade I mostly got to know cars from older times).
    N.B.: I voted for the Polara.
    I'm more familiar with the highway scenery from the late 80's and 90's. But everything from the 80's make me want to vomit! I read up on a lot of old musclecars, plus you still see them around occasionally.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

I think the new Ford Crown Victoria "Interceptor" is the best.
    BTW: You should have put a picture, after all its A LOT different from a stock Crown Victoria
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information