View Poll Results: Is marijuana socially acceptable/cool IYO?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 35.90%
  • No

24 61.54%
  • No opinion/undecided

1 2.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is marijuana socially acceptable or cool IYO?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    The legality of pot has little to do with any arguments I might have against it. Gay Marriage is still illegal in the USA; does that make the entire idea of it unacceptable?

And what do you mean "it's bad"?
    because it's synonomus with slobs and lowlifes. what's the big deal with it anyway? you smoke it and laugh a bunch? it's a waste of time.

also it is still bad for you even if you don't do it all the time, it changes your brain chemistry, and it causes phsycological problems. it's caused car accidents, and it has ruined peoples lives.

if you could sit in a crowded polace with a bunch of people around and smoke a joint without someone staring at you, or calling the cops that would make it socially acceptable.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    because it's synonomus with slobs and lowlifes. what's the big deal with it anyway? you smoke it and laugh a bunch? it's a waste of time.
    Well, it all depends on the person, but you can hardly just insult peoples tastes like that. Do you see anything wrong with laughing a bunch? Because that kicks ass. To rephrase something you said: what's the big deal with it anyway? you just log on and talk about cars? it's a waste of time.

also it is still bad for you even if you don't do it all the time, it changes your brain chemistry, and it causes phsycological problems. it's caused car accidents, and it has ruined peoples lives.
    Winning the lottery has ruined peoples' lives, as have medical drugs. As for your comments on it being bad even if you don't do it all the time, I'm sorry, but that's not true at all. People who infrequesntly use it don't suffer from "psychological problems", at least not any that are caused my marijuana.

As for the car accidents: If you ask me, driking while stoned should be treated exactly like driving drunk. I could expand on why it's actually not as bad as drinking and driving, but regardless, driving on any mind-altering substances should always be illegal.

if you could sit in a crowded polace with a bunch of people around and smoke a joint without someone staring at you, or calling the cops that would make it socially acceptable.
    At this point, I realise the difference between you and myself, as far as location goes. It all depends on where you are. In Vancouver, people don't stare or call the police over someone smoking a joint. Perhaps they do in Edmonton. In Vancouver, there's a line of stores called "Blunt Brothers", "Cabbages 'n Kinx", "BCMP (Marijuana Party) Headquarters", and the "New Amsterdam Cafe". Most of the time, cops will turn a blind eye.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-31-2004 at 03:48 PM.

Well, it all depends on the person, but you can hardly just insult peoples tastes like that. Do you see anything wrong with laughing a bunch? Because that kicks ass. To rephrase something you said: what's the big deal with it anyway? you just log on and talk about cars? it's a waste of time.

Winning the lottery has ruined peoples' lives, as have medical drugs. As for your comments on it being bad even if you don't do it all the time, I'm sorry, but that's not true at all. People who infrequesntly use it don't suffer from "psychological problems", at least not any that are caused my marijuana.

As for the car accidents: If you ask me, driking while stoned should be treated exactly like driving drunk. I could expand on why it's actually not as bad as drinking and driving, but regardless, driving on any mind-altering substances should always be illegal.

At this point, I realise the difference between you and myself, as far as location goes. It all depends on where you are. In Vancouver, people don't stare or call the police over someone smoking a joint. Perhaps they do in Edmonton. In Vancouver, there's a line of stores called "Blunt Brothers", "Cabbages 'n Kinx", "BCMP (Marijuana Party) Headquarters", and the "New Amsterdam Cafe". Most of the time, cops will turn a blind eye.
    whatever, at least you don't drive while stoned. I wont change your veiw on the matter and i'm not changing mine, nothing much else to say...last post in this thread.

whatever, at least you don't drive while stoned. I wont change your veiw on the matter and i'm not changing mine, nothing much else to say...last post in this thread.
    That's fair, to its fullest extent

Thanks for the conversation. Really, that was a good talk. +1

Well i gave into peer pressure and had weed and then had a bit ofa jaunt on it and ended up the worse for it. I am constanly forgetting things...anmd this is even while doing somthing the other day ipicked up a glass to have some water and i blinked and then looked at the glass and was trying to rember why i had it! I am now less balanced and slightly less coherant i constanly get caught on words and need to reconsider what im trying to say or find a new word i can actually use....while it never did ruin my life i still wish i never started before you blindly argue that its not hurting please consider what i just wrote it hurts you more then you realise and while i came of better then most i only wish i had of stopped long before i did.

I think that anything that your body isn't used to...anything forign that you place into your body is doing it harm. How much it harms you really depends on the person and their resilliance (sorry about my spelling). You can really never be too carefull and avoid any chance of harming yourself by just avoiding those kind of forign substances that your body wasn't ment to take in
    www.upper6.com
    For those who have nothing better to do

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well i gave into peer pressure and had weed and then had a bit ofa jaunt on it and ended up the worse for it. I am constanly forgetting things...anmd this is even while doing somthing the other day ipicked up a glass to have some water and i blinked and then looked at the glass and was trying to rember why i had it! I am now less balanced and slightly less coherant i constanly get caught on words and need to reconsider what im trying to say or find a new word i can actually use....while it never did ruin my life i still wish i never started before you blindly argue that its not hurting please consider what i just wrote it hurts you more then you realise and while i came of better then most i only wish i had of stopped long before i did.
    i know i said that I wsn't going to post on this thread again, but your story is saddening, i feel bad for you. however, i've noticed that you smoke, anyway I know that smoking will screw your life a whole lot more than marijuana will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Knight
    I think that anything that your body isn't used to...anything forign that you place into your body is doing it harm. How much it harms you really depends on the person and their resilliance (sorry about my spelling). You can really never be too carefull and avoid any chance of harming yourself by just avoiding those kind of forign substances that your body wasn't ment to take in
    yes this is a good point, we were not meant to take in these substances, tobaco smoke, caffeine, other drugs, i don't know why didn't think of this point earlier. I would not take this chance.
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 02-01-2004 at 02:20 AM.

i know i said that I wsn't going to post on this thread again, but your story is saddening, i feel bad for you. however, i've noticed that you smoke, anyway I know that smoking will screw your life a whole lot more than marijuana will.

yes this is a good point, we were not meant to take in these substances, tobaco smoke, caffeine, other drugs, i don't know why didn't think of this point earlier. I would not take this chance.
    Well dont be too sad even with peer pressure i still made my own choices and that was 2 years ago i gave up ive read up that unless you were a hard on stoner most of the time you will improve some what My balance is much better then when i stopped and my speech is only really addled in stressful situations. As for cigarete smokeing i do not indorese the habit one bit! and would not suggest it to anyone.... that said I enjoy my 3 or more smokes a day its a few mins of me time...i never smoke while driving i view that distracting (and hard to do in a manual car also) i also make an effort to move away from someone who doesnt wish to be near me while smoking.
    As for the harm it causes tobacco is worse for cancer then weed (about 2 times the risk rember there still is a risk with weed) and the rolled cigarettes i smoke also smell more then anything else. While smoking is just as bad a weed it still doesnt kill off brain cells and doesnt turn you into a jibbering mess (although thats debateable with some cases ive seen i can go days without a smoke and some people start threatening to kill people for smokes if they cant have one every hour!) and last but not least tobacco is legal while not socially acceptable (not as much nowdays) it still is legal.
    And cafine in moderation can be quite benaficial it contains quite a lotofgood stuff in it and reduces your likelyhood of getting diabetes while i personally dont like the stuff (tea drinker myself) its just when people drink too much its a problem....and even light drinkers have stained teeth.

I used to smoke weed in high school, quite a bit but not as much as some of my friends. I can't say that it affected me adversely, though some of my friends used it as a starter drug before getting into more "hardcore" drugs.

I haven't touched pot very much since shortly after high school, and I haven't touched it all since I've been married. I don't associate with my old high school friends anymore, because they are not the same people I once knew ... or maybe I'm not the same person they knew.

There isn't anyone in my close-knit group of friends that smoke now, I'm not sure if that was coincidental or if I've just removed myself far enough away from that scene.

Live and let live I guess, it might have been a case of social acceptance back then, now there are more important things to worry about. I do enjoy (errr ... overenjoy ) a few drinks often, but if I'm out, I either have the wife driving or cab fare.

[QUOTE=

QUOTE]
    How could winning the lottery ruin peoples lives? Marijuana causes memory loss, isnt that a phsycological problem?

I think that marijuana is a bad drug and i will never do it. I am undecided if it should be legal or not but as for other drugs i heard someone say on the first page that no drug should be illegal because he should be the judge if its bad or not. Either you are a scientist or an idiot. Some crazy teenagers will just swallow any drug at a party and kill themselves. at least making it illegal will make it a lot harder to get.
    boobs

And cafine in moderation can be quite benaficial it contains quite a lotofgood stuff in it and reduces your likelyhood of getting diabetes while i personally dont like the stuff (tea drinker myself) its just when people drink too much its a problem....and even light drinkers have stained teeth.
    i'm a tea drinker too, but i'm a bit hyopglosemic(very light diabetis) so caffeine makes me jittery.

Well NoOne your right about when you stop you stop association with the people you used to use the stuff with at the time (13) i was social climbing a bit i was going with a groupthat people liked more and yeah i acted as they did done as they did and wrost of all done drugs as they did (though weed was the only stuff i touched other stuff was on offer) and after istopped (15/16) i sort of stood back and though "whats wrong with these people" most of them were abusing the stuff that hard that they were acting stoned 24/7 and i distanced myself and trod my own path from there on.
    As for alcahol When i was working i spent every friday night at the pub met up with some friend played some pool (i play better after 2 drinks but then it falls sharplyany subsiquent drinks ) and had a good time i usually go out once a week....at the moment being unemplyed a fortnight and go iout and get drunk with my mates but unlike mostother substances alchahol is great while im drinking it and i dont crave it unless A Had a poop day at work and think a beer or a scotch would do me some good just the one or B partys not only do i enjoy drinking with my friends but they like me to drink because apprently im bloody funny when drunk.

The legality of pot has little to do with any arguments I might have against it. Gay Marriage is still illegal in the USA; does that make the entire idea of it unacceptable?
    Yes.......
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Well on that note about gay marrage i view it unacceptable because of many reasons but all my personal feelings aside on the subject they are still chalk and cheese they all have very little to do with each other weed is contraban it gets discarded and burned and is a mind altering substance, where gay marrage is essentially 2 people of the same sex who wish to tie the knot what does that have to do with contraban? and whatdoes that have to do with the legalitly of it?

where gay marrage is essentially 2 people of the same sex who wish to tie the knot what does that have to do with contraban? and whatdoes that have to do with the legalitly of it?
    My how threads can loose direction. Still its worth a go. I personally dont care what anyone does as long as it does not negatively affect anyone else. I do find it a little hipocritical for people of this persuasion to ebrace what is originally a religious custom for the sanctioning of the joining of people as one in "holy matrimony" for the intention of procreating. Gay people break the rules in the Bible ( not an issue for me) yet still want to pick out a religious custom for purely sybolic reasons. Its more of a philosophical issue for me.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information