Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: during the musclecar era, were there...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    hey I'm the only one allowed to have crap typing here on UCP

Or is that a new country and a larege mammal - could be messy
    Dont worry old man you wait till you have a read of a line of the drunken Scotts song in Mishos still alive thread
    Wales I dont think the Whale would appreciate being driven on...or worse through....Green peace wouldent see the funny side of these posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matre et Alpine
    larege
    MUHAHAHA

*Large

you are the true master of bad typing - you know how to spell just your fingers dont know how to type
    Last edited by mustang123; 06-15-2004 at 01:12 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    MUHAHAHA

*Large

you are the true master of bad typing - you know how to spell just your fingers dont know how to type
    They used to but their suffering from early senility.

They used to hang out and do bad things when I was younger
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Datsuns had good performance and low cost.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Datsuns had good performance and low cost.

And was sold after the toyota 2000gt took off. Even though Datsun originally funded the design, they decided to not make. Toyota did, then datsun came out with their 240z that was nearly the same car. (Both designed by Yamaha)

And yes the 2000gt was expensive, but it was made BECAUSE toyota was then known for dependability and economy.

and then the E-typoe arrived
    which was not exactly cheap either, but just cheaper It also did not seat more than two people. (until the 2+2) arrived
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

RE: Euronpean muscle cars

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    european or asian cars that offered sweet preformance at a relatively low price? (sort of how muscle cars could have been much more expensive than they were). if so, what were some popular/good/classic/notable ones?

thnx my knowledge of old/classic cars is crap

no all european 'muscle cars' are pieces of crap

Methinks you Misinterpret him.

He said HIS KNOWLEDGE of old cars was crap, not OLD CARS are crap.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by nrcafootball68
    no all european 'muscle cars' are pieces of crap
    name them.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    The 2000GT was not cheap...

In 1967, when a fully-loaded Shelby GT500 Mustang cost around $4200, the 2000GT cost $6800, which is a price increase of more than 50%. Keep in mind that Toyota was a completely different company in 1967. They didn't make economy cars...
    That's true. I have a magazine with some specs on 1970 cars and the Toyota 2000 GT is listed at $7,150. It had a good top speed of 137 mph., but took 10.1 seconds to get to 60 mph, about the same as a same-year 318 Dodge Dart with economy (2.76) gears. The 2000 GT is also short on power... 150 hp and 130 lbs/ft torque (compared to 230 hp and 320 lbs/ft torque for a 318).

what were some good cars (european cars) during the 60's and 70's that you could get for the price of a good corvette
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    what were some good cars (european cars) during the 60's and 70's that you could get for the price of a good corvette
    Well before I go digging out old mags - can't find original prices on any club sites - do we agree that UK prices for ALL cars were double the price of US ? It's a matter of fact that Eureop ain general and UK espcially has high prices for cars. it's nothing to do with cost to build, they chage what they think we'll pay.
    Totaly different pricing to the US
    How do we try to 'compare' equivalanet ????

Well before I go digging out old mags - can't find original prices on any club sites - do we agree that UK prices for ALL cars were double the price of US ? It's a matter of fact that Eureop ain general and UK espcially has high prices for cars. it's nothing to do with cost to build, they chage what they think we'll pay.
    Totaly different pricing to the US

just have a look at that thread i made UK vs US vs OZ Matra, and you'll see your getting screwed around with the Monaro
    I am the Stig

Well before I go digging out old mags - can't find original prices on any club sites - do we agree that UK prices for ALL cars were double the price of US ?

yes, i CAN agree to that

so i guess the new question is what are some good european cars that you can get for that cost less than or around the price of two corvettes
    Last edited by d-quik; 07-12-2004 at 08:15 AM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

wow!!!what a bomb

Thread Information