Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutural/gradient painting

Tutural/gradient painting

Well I got one done. I hope it makes since. This is the first time I did one with pics!! Plus I didnt preupload them, so I just added them as attachments. I will try and explain each pic as they are in order.

Now Pic 1

As you can see I chose the 350Z side view. To make it as easy to start with. Plus you can see I already made a layer copy of the car I outlined. When you have the car outlined with the poly lasso. You need to make sure you go to select/ and inverce then you hold down the shift key then start deslecting the things you dont want to paint (as you can see that is what I did) Once that is done make sure you go back to select/ inverce again. Then make a layer copy of it. I always make a duplicate of the layer copy (incase I mess the first one up). I also turned off the background layer so you can see more clearly what is being done.

Pic 2

Now you need to go to image/adjustments/desaturate That will turn you car gray! (when changing the color of the car it is always best to make it gray first)

Pic 3

Now you should have a gray Z. Now got to the layer pallette and at the bottom of it click on the blending options icon. (as you can see I have it circled in read) then click on gradient overlay.

Pic 4

Now the layer style window will open. You need to change the blending mode to overlay: then go to angle and change it to 35% as shown. Next change the scale to 10. Now you have a car that is black in the front and white in the back.

you have to wait for the rest as I have to submit this one and make another post to get the last two pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pic 5

Now next to the gradient window there is a arrow pointing down click on that and you will open the gradients that are loaded in you photoshop. (if you have never messed with these at all. Then all you will have is your stock ones loaded. there are more!! I circled an arrow in yellow click on that and you will see more sets you can load in you photoshop) now Pic one and see what you think. Experment with several until you find one you like. You can reverse the colors by clickin on the little box that is next to the word reverse if you want. I circled the one I picked.

Pic 6 Finished If you have any questions just post and I will try and answer them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks alot psinterr i will be sure to give that a go when i get back from goodwood
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    thanks alot psinterr i will be sure to give that a go when i get back from goodwood
    hehehehehe goodwood *chuckle*
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Quote Originally Posted by foto_choppa
    hehehehehe goodwood *chuckle*

whats so funny about that
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

whats so funny about that
    i drink lots of cocacola and sugar, add to that im very immature

here take a look www.goodwood.co.uk/2004/fos/

that is a great avatar foto_choppa have you seen the song that goes with it ?

that is a great avatar foto_choppa have you seen the song that goes with it ?
    no, i just think its funny, it reminds me of scary movie 3. u no, the part were she flips through the papers that cody drew, the evil girl does a little dance.

Quote Originally Posted by foto_choppa
    no, i just think its funny, it reminds me of scary movie 3. u no, the part were she flips through the papers that cody drew, the evil girl does a little dance.

ill try and find you the vid and post a link to it later

cant do that

i cant do it. . . i dont have the blending options... what photoshop are you useing? because 5.5 only has 3 down there, layer mask, delete layer and create new layer?

*crys* i want to be able to do it!! well, next time i see shifty i should be able to get photoshop 8 off him...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    i cant do it. . . i dont have the blending options... what photoshop are you useing? because 5.5 only has 3 down there, layer mask, delete layer and create new layer?

*crys* i want to be able to do it!! well, next time i see shifty i should be able to get photoshop 8 off him...

wel i have got photoshop 7 and you can do it on there, i dont know what others before you can do it on though

where can you see the lions?

ONLY IN KENYA!

lmfao such a strange thing...

its on my friends site

http://www.phrozenflame.com/fm43.html

im really annoyed that i cant do that stuff! ive looked all over photoshop 5.5 and cant find it....
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

whiteballz go to layer tab/ then is there a layer style listed if so they are in there.

Thread Information