Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mawi's Drawing Competition

well,im interested in drawing
    and just wanted to see his works

Quote Originally Posted by SL500
    well,im interested in drawing
    and just wanted to see his works
    understandable, SL, I was just speaking on behalf of mawi who created this thread as a comp.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

these are the photos of my elise, i'll try to scan them somewhere
    i would like to draw mercedes sl - it is a lightweigth car, isnt it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    these are the photos of my elise, i'll try to scan them somewhere
    i would like to draw mercedes sl - it is a lightweigth car, isnt it?
    they were light cars,
    such as '56 300SL Gullwing
    but new ones suck(at weight)they weights are almost near to 2000 kgs :-S
    like SL55 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Might be you only get one chance - like the chops comps !!
    well, i asked him if i could post several scans as i progress and he said yes as long as i alert people as to which is my final to be voted on. after thinking a little bit about this, even if you say one thing is your final, you should be able to make changes, because since we are drawing real cars, unlike in the chops comp, you cannot realy copy someone else's ideas after seeing their art. this is basically artistic talent not creativity, because of the real cars thing, so making revisions after seeing others drawings will only be as good as you could before. but, it is mawis comp so ill leave it up to him. mawi?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

i just want to know if sl (new - i forgot to add) is counted as a lightweigth car. i dont think its a bad car - there was a guy who was driving sl to my mum to have private lessons so i even had a chance to sit in it and i say it was superb
    i know that quality of my drawing isnt best, but what do you think about it? what should i change to win?

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    ...since we are drawing real cars, unlike in the chops comp, you cannot realy copy someone else's ideas after seeing their art. this is basically artistic talent not creativity, because of the real cars thing, so making revisions after seeing others drawings will only be as good as you could before. but, it is mawis comp so ill leave it up to him. mawi?
    good point, SPH, I wasn't thinking of the difference.
    Yeah, in chops too easy to see a nice set of wheels and go add them.
    Not as easy to 'undraw' and make new, expecially if he's only giving a week to do some good stuff
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i just want to know if sl (new - i forgot to add) is counted as a lightweigth car. i dont think its a bad car - there was a guy who was driving sl to my mum to have private lessons so i even had a chance to sit in it and i say it was superb
    i know that quality of my drawing isnt best, but what do you think about it? what should i change to win?
    best to wait for mawi to come back on-line and advise.
    He's going to jusdge after all - and then set the next challenge
    Not evyoen comes onto UCP every hour or day, so be patient grasshopper....

please do NOT post all of your artwork. i too have lots of drawings that i could post but as matra said i am trying to make this a weekly type of competition. post only one car, and have it be a lightweight sports car. u can post pics of your progress as SPHFerrari earlier said but please do not post all of your artwork, you can show it all in time.

dydzi, would it even matter if the SL is a lightweight car since u already subimitted photos of an elise?

btw i also do not have a scanner (my parents have almost no tech...no cell phones even in my house) ill post my finished drawing in a few days at my friends house

Quote Originally Posted by mawi427
    dydzi, would it even matter if the SL is a lightweight car since u already subimitted photos of an elise?
    yes, because i havent said thats my final ver and i can submit sl apart from that elise cant i?

sorry i have already posted elise, i just want to know your opinion

yes, because i havent said thats my final ver and i can submit sl apart from that elise cant i?

sorry i have already posted elise, i just want to know your opinion
    ok well the 300SL imo is a lightweight sports car...however an SL55 AMG imo is not. if you want to draw taht as your car (300SL) thats ok... but please from now on only post the car u will be drawing for the compitition.

if u want to show off all of your artwork just make a new thread

when i said specify ur final version i meant when showing multiple drawings of the same car
    Last edited by mawi427; 06-20-2004 at 01:53 PM.

hm its a very good drawing already...things that could improve: smoothness - the wheels are a little lumpy, and some of it is a little smudgy(not too bad tho) always try to make ur drawing as crisp as possible, the smoother the lines are and the better the color contrast is, the more realistic the drawing will look.

for gloss paint on cars, a sharp white to black (if ur using pencil) contrast helps make it look more believeable

for metallic paint i shade lightly using my pencil and lightly brush over (with my finger) the shading to blend it, being careful not to smudge

hope i could help

Thread Information