Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

ok let me give you the names here GT-R the "R" means Rally the GT-S the "S" means Strip as for why its made to be a track or ergo a "Rally" car is for traction around turns that the cars that you named do not get because of there nature. Also a powerfull All-Wheel Drive car is hard to master the Skyline, STI, EVO are some of the only cars to trully master the all wheel drive format other car companies and groups relay on suspension for traction were the good all wheel drive cars use the transfer of the front to rear wheel drive of power (mind you the STI and the EVO are not as fast or as capable of power as the Skyline) they use down force and suspension. And to add it the cars you named are several hundred pounds heavier then the Supra. The Supra has proablems on the track because of its weight not all around weight but its weight distrabution just like an american muscle car the rear end of the car is drasticly lighter then the rest which causes the rear end to swing out when it takes a turn at high speed the concept behind the all-wheel drive is that when the rear end loses traction that the front tires would compincate by bringing the rear tires back underneath the car so that being so it can hug a turn alot better then a pure real wheel drive car. not that rear wheel drive cars are not very fast but in the world of track racing on a track not rally it depends on class of the car and engine size so those cars you named will never race.

hey seriously people need to stop talking about well the Skyline was in 2 fast and the 2 Furious- so was the supra mind you this is its second apperence in the Fast and the Furious movies in the First one its the freakin hero car (if you don't know what a hero car is do some research lol)

But then agian you have to respect both cars they both can tell a muscle car where to stick it and thats saying something for a I6 can donminte a V8 and as well as the Exotic cars that are V10's, and V12's. Well ok some Exotics are V6's is you want to argue about that your and idoit there are V6 extoic cars beside the Porsche.

And Futhermore belive it or not completely modified on street tires in a drag race when it comes to forgien cars is an early 1990's 240sx ive seen the SR20 twin turbod run a FREAKIN 6.7 second quarter mile and im not shitting you
    Last edited by s15Silvia_Ala; 09-12-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Why do you have 4 consecutive posts, in the same day.

EDIT: Now that that is one post, I ask you....in your 3rd paragraph, when you refer to "muscle cars", do you mean the original muscle cars, with the legendary V8's that are revered by American car buffs today? Or do you mean something more modern? Because if you mean the original, then you are comparing the 40+ year old V8's (which, mind you, were quite powerful in their own day) to modern day engines with 40 years of technology over those original muscle cars....but let us not forget, the '70 Camaro RS SS...stock, this car would finish the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds!
    Last edited by CdocZ; 09-12-2006 at 04:24 PM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    Now, explain to me why other "track" cars such as the Radical and Caterham or RWD?
    I'm ashamed of you.

As a Britisher, you should KNOW that we're obsessed with LIGHT WEIGHT.

Lotus- Colin Chapman insisted on making cars lighter.

Caterham had the 7, one of the lightest cars ever. Westfield followed suit. Radical wanted to play too.

These cars do not have humungous amounts of power. However, they DO have gargantuan power-to-weight ratios- because they are lighter than anorexic stick insects.

Now, Jack... which is heavier, RWD or AWD?

With such light weights high powered light cars, such as the Atom 300 have traction issues. So in some cases AWD would make for a quicker car.

Also the 0-100-0 record was once held by an AWD twin engined Tiger 7 replica.

ONE MOOOORRE THING, Aston Martin, Range/Land Rover, Jaguar, Bentley and Rolls Royce all produce big heavy cars. So I wouldn't say British companys are weight obsessed.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

on the question which is heavier RWD or AWD you can't really tell because the only two cars are made in both in RWD and AWD list the same weight. And you might ask which cars those are its the 1996 Celica and the Skyline as far as i know those are the only two if you know of any more list them i would love to know what they are

Quote Originally Posted by s15Silvia_Ala
    on the question which is heavier RWD or AWD you can't really tell because the only two cars are made in both in RWD and AWD list the same weight. And you might ask which cars those are its the 1996 Celica and the Skyline as far as i know those are the only two if you know of any more list them i would love to know what they are
    Look at almost any SUV sold in America. Even the Ford Territory here, the AWD version is 80kg heavier than the RWD version. Also look at the Mazda6 MPS, which is over 1600kg yet the FWD version is under 1400kg
    I am the Stig

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Now, Jack... which is heavier, RWD or AWD?
    AWD provides more weight and more power loss, and costs more, whch probably doesn't help matters, but i have a suspicion that this guy is a fanboy (ie "R" for Rally when 5 seconds ago it was AWD for Racing), as i can't see AWD used in racing much (well in some situations, yes, but in quite a few racing series its banned)

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Look at almost any SUV sold in America. Even the Ford Territory here, the AWD version is 80kg heavier than the RWD version. Also look at the Mazda6 MPS, which is over 1600kg yet the FWD version is under 1400kg
    ... Then there's the TT 150, which is 150kg lighter than the AWD one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    AWD provides more weight and more power loss, and costs more, whch probably doesn't help matters, but i have a suspicion that this guy is a fanboy (ie "R" for Rally when 5 seconds ago it was AWD for Racing), as i can't see AWD used in racing much (well in some situations, yes, but in quite a few racing series its banned)
    Yes, he may be a bit of a f00l, but you learnt something, didn't you?

Guest Guest
    ... Then there's the TT 150, which is 150kg lighter than the AWD one.

Yes, he may be a bit of a f00l, but you learnt something, didn't you?
    well i do know that the "track" cars are following the "...add lightness" policy, but i am merely saying that anyone that thinks the "R" in GT-R is Rally and that the "S" in GT-S is Strip (and thus "cr00z1n y0") is obviously several brain cells down

Just searched google for all permutations of Skyline WRC, Rally etc, and all i found was this on a website that looks rather snazzy, but shall remain nameless

"the skyline gtr is the best rally car around to buy. but if you don't have the money for one get a new Evo 9 or spend around the same price as an Evo on a 2000 modal skyline. but whatever you do don't buy a Subaru impreza because evo's are the same price and they go a lot faster and look better."

Note the fanboy-ism!

OK im just going to tell you this kid which one of the cars that you talk so much about have you owned, drivin or worked on and until you do you can not make assumsions on what the car does. and one more thing you look at the manufacter paper work and have it translated to you because you really wouldn't understand this R does not stand for racing it only stands for Racing when you are talking about mustangs from nissian it means rally so don't go talking me what you know about cars when you have never driven one of them or worked on them. Get 1st hand knowlelge of a subject before you make your final descion not second and thrid hand knowlege ok ;futhermore, the "smart" transmision in the skyline shifts its power from front to rear tires and from side to side which is why they use all-wheel drive, and another point here you are mixing up all-wheel drive and 4X4 in SUV's which are robs you of power,no before you try to say it there not the same thing, an all wheel drive system does not infact cause power loss it divides the power among all the wheel in what ever way the computer or transmission tells it to as in the sky line to produce better traction for taking a cornor. ex when you drive a skyline and you go around a turn and the rear end of the car trys to slide out from underneath you the power is robbed from the rear tires and given all to the front tires to pull the rear end back underneath the car. once agian drive on then you can talk ive owend a supra and driven 3 diffenet skylines and i also own a silvia so don't get talking to me about cars when you can't even drive yet on the road.
    Last edited by s15Silvia_Ala; 09-13-2006 at 08:59 AM.

Guest Guest
    OK im just going to tell you this kid which one of the cars that you talk so much about have you owned, drivin or worked on and until you do you can not make assumsions on what the car does. and one more thing you look at the manufacter paper work and have it translated to you because you really wouldn't understand this R does not stand for racing it only stands for Racing when you are talking about mustangs from nissian it means rally so don't go talking me what you know about cars when you have never driven one of them or worked on them. Get 1st hand knowlelge of a subject before you make your final descion not second and thrid hand knowlege ok.
    no, you said Rallying, now the mustang is not the "only" car to use R for Racing, but the point remains you said the GTR was designed for rallying when that is a blatant lie, and now, i havent driven one (well i know someone who has worked on a Skyline and a Supra (neither stock though!) and driven the Skyline (albeit 10 feet)), but to point out that the GTR was never intended to rally doesnt require me too

OK im just going to tell you this kid which one of the cars that you talk so much about have you owned, drivin or worked on and until you do you can not make assumsions on what the car does. and one more thing you look at the manufacter paper work and have it translated to you because you really wouldn't understand this R does not stand for racing it only stands for Racing when you are talking about mustangs from nissian it means rally so don't go talking me what you know about cars when you have never driven one of them or worked on them. Get 1st hand knowlelge of a subject before you make your final descion not second and thrid hand knowlege ok ;futhermore, the "smart" transmision in the skyline shifts its power from front to rear tires and from side to side which is why they use all-wheel drive, and another point here you are mixing up all-wheel drive and 4X4 in SUV's which are robs you of power,no before you try to say it there not the same thing, an all wheel drive system does not infact cause power loss it divides the power among all the wheel in what ever way the computer or transmission tells it to as in the sky line to produce better traction for taking a cornor. ex when you drive a skyline and you go around a turn and the rear end of the car trys to slide out from underneath you the power is robbed from the rear tires and given all to the front tires to pull the rear end back underneath the car. once agian drive on then you can talk ive owend a supra and driven 3 diffenet skylines and i also own a silvia so don't get talking to me about cars when you can't even drive yet on the road.
    You're posts are amusing. I've driven AND worked on EVERY SINGLE CAR IN THE WORLD. Therefore, I can comment on EVERYTHING!

Go back and watch The Fast and the Furious with your 13 year old friends, and follow up the movie with a group wet-dream to the skyline. Afterwords, you can come back here and learn how to post with proper grammar, if you so please. Oh, and finally, grow up, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You're posts are amusing. I've driven AND worked on EVERY SINGLE CAR IN THE WORLD. Therefore, I can comment on EVERYTHING!

Go back and watch The Fast and the Furious with your 13 year old friends, and follow up the movie with a group wet-dream to the skyline. Afterwords, you can come back here and learn how to post with proper grammar, if you so please. Oh, and finally, grow up, kid.
    Snap.

The guy is a tool.

Shall we continue watching him ignore all our posts with knowledge, grammar and intelligence?

Snap.

The guy is a tool.

Shall we continue watching him ignore all our posts with knowledge, grammar and intelligence?
    I don't know, I like when misinformed people retaliate with their stellar postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I don't know, I like when misinformed people retaliate with their stellar postings.
    I'm lost. SKYLINE RULEEEZZZZZ!!!!

Thread Information