Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your own get-away car!

Covert

Only a few of you are thinking covert. You want a car that'll get away unnoticed. But at the same time, in case they do find your ass, has some muscle to pull away. That's why I'd take a silver BMW M5. Yeah, it is a little flashy, but there are a lot of 5 series out there. And silver is about as bland as they come. And, with an M5, I could get all the girls a man of my caliber deserves.

I think this would make an ideal getaway car. Tons of power and even some factory stock N20 incase you need it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I agree it's important that it's a common car, but with lots of power. Maybe a camaro. They're common with some power, you could put a bunch of money into it to make it a beastie. Mainly, you'd never expect me to be caught dead in one :P

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    definitely a Hummer H2!! That mighty V8 kickin out 325 bhp!! I would have a performance upgrade to 550hp to be extra fast you could crush anything that got in your way! (exept maybe a tank) I was gona say an evo, but i thought i would have a change
    I would have a pearlescent blue-red paint job, 23 inch rims, completely blacked out windows, pearl-white headlights and red neons. mmmmm...
    Maybe an auto-lock missile launcher to be cocky

check out the Lingenfelter version http://www.lingenfelter.com/performanceh2_hummer.asp
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

for me it'd depend on what kind of job it was.AND.wether or not i was very good. for example if was some idiot that an ordinary civilian could bust then i would have something with a helova lot of speed but if i was a real high tech guy then something really ordinary on the outside with an engine that was modded so bad you could lift of the ground and fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!ok mabye thats just being stupid.

hmmm, i'd take a ducatti bike. ya, not a car, and a lil flashy, but that bike will sure outrun the cops, unless i'm in italy and that cop lambo is on the road
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Black BMW 7-series. Not the new ones, the (slightly) older ones. Just like in "The Transporter." Bad-ass movie!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

well...

if i the job were somewhere open, a suzuki hayabusa, 312 kmh top speed!

close and little streets, like paris in the movies, the subaru 22b. small, FAST and a definate awe to it. flaired guards, 2.2 boxer engine , with the classic subaru burble. a possible +1 to anyone who can tell me HOW they make that sounds, and dont say because of the engine, its not. ( I know how, im just testing you guys)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i think I'd take that audi TT biMotor they once had on topgear.Fast and it looks like a normal road version.Maybe some Koni- springs(can get them for free, so why not ......).I dunno whether these engines have turbo's but else i'd take one of those too.

I believe the Subaru "burble" as you put it, is caused by the engine being a boxer, sorry i'm no expert on Subaru engines...

But for me, the ultimate getaway car would be a black Dodge Charger. Mean. Aggresive. Black. Evil. Something just like this one, i'd leave teh petty cops with a cloud of smoke, and the smell of burnt rubber all over their donuts..

Oh BTW does anyone know where the hell the lights are on a Charger?

Forget being unoticable, i'd wanna recreate a 70's cop chase movie, with 1970's Crown Viccys chasing me, being run off the road, and bursting into flames.. Stop for a quick quarter mile against a 'stang, then i'm off again, charging into the desert...

But i'm talking America here.

If I was in Italy and I was escaping from Mafia fullas i'd get a turbo charged Fiat Seicento Sporting, or a Bambina

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I.....Oh BTW does anyone know where the hell the lights are on a Charger?
    Behind the grille which opens when they're turned on.
    Look at the grille edge where lights would normally be and you can see the lines where the opening is.
    If I was in Italy and I was escaping from Mafia fullas i'd get a turbo charged Fiat Seicento Sporting, or a Bambina
    Too young to know the best way to escape a robbery in Italy is with a MINI - real one, not the poor remake
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I knew that, I was just trying to be a bit different. Everyone would think Italian job..

Either the Lotus Exige, Lancer Evolution MR, or BMW M5.

i would choose the bowler or a mini (old one) with a 1400CC superbike engine and turbo'd, this way i would be able to make a mean RWD mini

does anyone know if it is possible to put a 3.0L engine in a fiat 500 ?
    Last edited by mustang123; 06-21-2004 at 07:29 AM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    i would choose the bowler or a mini (old one) with a 1400CC superbike engine and turbo'd, this way i would be able to make a mean RWD mini
    Now, you see that just misses the point
    You'd lose the Mini's scrub handling and ease of doing u and j turns
    and see my feedback on the Exige as an option too !!!
    does anyone know if it is possible to put a 3.0L engine in a fiat 500 ?
    ANything's possible - seen the V8 Minis ? As well as engine in the rear of a pickup there is a clubman with it all upfront !!!
    Sensible - well, you know my view by now
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information