Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Supra........!!!

Try this site for more info, though I have seen claimed better times than the ones posted. Note that the picture you have shown looks quite similar, in an artists impression sort of way.

www.fast-autos.net/toyota/toyotatrdcelica.html

Nildo, I checked out your link. I confess Im not a fan of the Celicas but 13.3 1/4 mile times for a 370kw 4 wheel drive car of this size is not that impressive. Id like to know the "better" time you saw.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Nildo, I checked out your link. I confess Im not a fan of the Celicas but 13.3 1/4 mile times for a 370kw 4 wheel drive car of this size is not that impressive. Id like to know the "better" time you saw. And $500,000!!!! Who's dollars are we talking?

True crisis, those times are pathetic considering the power claim and money spent. In a local publicaton named 'Speed' they ran a feature on this car claiming it can run to 160 kph (100 mph) in about 10 seconds. No quarter mile times were posted but if it gets to 100 in 10 secs it should not take a further 3.3 secs to reach 108 as it does on the site mentioned. They estimated a mid to high 12 quarter, which sounds pretty believable.

As for the money, I'm guessing US since they did the car, but how they managed to spend that kind of cash is beyond me, since local (Australian) GT-4 s (same running gear and motor) can run 12's with less than $15000 in mods. Maybe all the chassis alterations to fit it under that body shape? Also they have changed the look of tha car at least once that I have seen, so perhaps that is a cumulative cost figure.
    Last edited by Nildo; 07-16-2003 at 09:09 PM.

front fascia

i hate the new grill and lights. THe profile is of course well designed. like the db7.

I think that a v10 will be too big for the car. it'll jack the price up to compete with bmw's and supercars. (new m5s and m6s will feature the 500hp 5L V10). Wouldn't you rather have an M6 than a Toyota? Supras thrived w/ the 3L turbo v6. Make it twin turbo or something.

I wasn't aware that Toyota had plans for a new Supra.

And these ancient pictures don't mean anything.
    McGriffin hunts, therefore he is.

yer dudes i herad that the new supra (the 1st pic you attached) is a V10!!!!! thats pretty crappy, they should stick to the turbo charged engines.. its a tradition... and i've read that the HKS supra does 6secs on the 1/4 mile... so its pretty fukn powerful.. sik shit... but at the end of the day skylines just are to good.
    love that celica.

i just had to register because of this page, i am a hardcore toyta fan, ive owned 4, and im constantly in toyota forums.....

the 1st supra pic is mostlikely the real one, at the newyork autoshow toyota announced that with there new cars they will be going back to the basics, have u guys ever seen ne pics of the 2000gt the first import sports car, basicly the supra...? well look at one of those and look at the fist pic of a supra and ull see loads of similarity...... the v10 u are talking about will be released under the lexus name, 5000gt is the supposed name of the car built on the sc430 chassis....
    the newer supra will mostlikely have a v6, and a optional v8, since turbocharging costs to much money, a v8 is more appropriate..... both these lexus and toyota cars are rumored to be released in the 05-06 model years.... it is no doubt that toyota will release a supra, especally with the success of the 350z evo sti here in the americas, toyota is doing what they do best, watching the market and they will strike........ and the lexus v10 will cost over 90k.... its output will ber 500hp and 5?? tq, the v10 they will be using is derived from the toyota f1 car...... i hope my comments made sense and i cant wait for toyota to release another beast

later guys, ill be back for more im glad i found this site
    its not speed that kills u its the sudden stop at the end

The Lexus V8 motors have a good rep. A V8 rear wheel drive Japanese sports car. Now theres something.

Unhappy

I wish they just kept the first model and just added afew things, the original looks 10 times betta.
    I luv cheesecake TG

The first model or the most recent? The first couple were'nt much special. The last one looked ok. Lose all the crappy flappy bodykits. It is due for a new look though.

Thumbs down

supras dont stand a chance against a skyline r34..........the supra will get smoked BADLY

Obviously you are a serious skyline fan, but r34, if you have driven either you will realise that the design philosophy is quite different between these two cars. Both are very fast, but while the skyline is certainly faster, you need to work it MUCH harder to get it's full potential, making it a very exhausting car at times.

The supra can do what it does much more easily, but still provide genuine thrills. Just wondering...is the 296 kw at the wheels or flywheel?

Originally posted by Nildo
    Obviously you are a serious skyline fan, but r34, if you have driven either you will realise that the design philosophy is quite different between these two cars. Both are very fast, but while the skyline is certainly faster, you need to work it MUCH harder to get it's full potential, making it a very exhausting car at times.

The supra can do what it does much more easily, but still provide genuine thrills. Just wondering...is the 296 kw at the wheels or flywheel?
    at all 4 wheels.........SUPRAS SUCK......theyre QUITE USELESS cars actually.........i raced many of em and none stand a chance against a skyline........besides a supra doesnt provide a good adrenial rush

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    at all 4 wheels.........SUPRAS SUCK......theyre QUITE USELESS cars actually.........i raced many of em and none stand a chance against a skyline........besides a supra doesnt provide a good adrenial rush

well, at first. ive never driven any of em. but i the fact that a skyline probebly wins on the track from a supra doesnt make another car useless/suck. that they are on the track says 1 thing, and on a track a rules tuning rules. a very cool thing for a supra is the way you you can fire the thing up, its quite easy pumping 800horsepowers out of the engine onto the rear weels. and another very important thing about the supra is its looks. with a good kit its defenitly the most beautifull car there is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information