Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NEW Photos of the GT

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    it was 4 years in a row, between 1966 and 1969, but i think it was 1964 the cars entered so they didnt have instant success.

i think the story goes, when the engineers were working on the aerodynamics of the car, they stuck an old GT in the wind tunnel and cranked it up to about 300km/h. they started cracking themselves up laughing, because the front aerodynamics were that bad and the rear's were that good, that at those speeds, the slightest little bump couldve sent the car doing backflips, yet the cars had done 340km/h done LeMans. they apparently brought the front up to a more respectable level but i think its still nowhere near as good as the rear
    thanks for that i new it was around that but i wasn't sure, but i was sure that the car was losing it ass because it didn't have enough down force on the rear, anyway thanks for that.

well i havent heard of any cases of such a thing, but to me it makes sense if the rear aerodynamics of the car were too great for them to tear away at the body, especially when the cars maxed out at 340km/h
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by kinan.f
    New images of the FORD GT are now available @:
    http://www.highresautoimages.com/ford/gt.html
    theyre awsome cars as they were in the 60s when they blew everyone away at the lemans 24 hour 3 times. Someone should bring one to australia to race in the 24 hour bathurst race to blow away those $550000 427ci hand built v8 supercars on steroids they call monaros.

they won lemans 4 times! hehe

Thread Information