Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Magna

i cant confirm any of it. did ford end up setting the record straight after holden claimed they used a more generous form of poer measurement, cause wheels thought the boss290 made closer to 300kw than 290kw

yeah i cant rember the name of it wether it din or somthing but apprently holden takes off all its accsesories while testing the motors

i think its DIN and SAE. from what i heard holden were claiming ford used the more generous SAE system but i dont remember ford saying anything about it. holden were saying if they used the SAE measuremtn, the ss would make about 245kw (vy series 1)

well wheels done a test on the GT and said it was spot on and the xr6T was spot on too

yeah and how about where in the muscle car test motor doen the gt had more rear wheel power than the gts

is that a fact? well looks like ford has put more thought into their driveline then holden the 6 cog box they are using is getting on a bit maybey it hampers the rest of the system a bit? or maybey holden just used din numbers or whatever it is?

DIN is what holden use and SAE is what holden claim ford uses

well isnt that claim making them look stupid now? they claim they use the conservitavie method removing accseroies to increase the power to the wheels when they (ford) claim less engine hp and make more at the wheels

umm, i think uve got it the wrong way round. holden claim they use a system, that, if ford used, the boss290 would make less than 290kw, but thats if ford use the SAE system, which they havent said anything about. the fact that the gt makes more rear wheel power than the gts is just an indication of the better driveline under the gt, it hasnt got much to do with the engine, you rely on flywheel figures to judge the engine, but still more rear wheel power makes a better performance car.

no makes a better perfoming drive line what about comparing the weight of both the cars?

you can have 2 equal power, equal weight, equal ratio cars but its the one with the most rear wheel power thats gunna be the fastest. if the BAGT wasnt such a tank, it would beat the gts

i know thats why i asked the weight im just wondering how much slimmer the GTS is over the GT and yourr satement isnt always true its like general george custer said he who has the biggest gun wins when its not always the case he got slaugterd by indians the day he said that too

theres less than 100kg difference between the gts and gt. when holden claimed the tare weight instead of kerb weight, it was about 150, so with 75 litres of fuel, that figures probably half

i used to get at holdens for beingbig bloated things back in the au days the au was fairly light on only just tipping over 1500 kilos

yeah well the au lookis physically smaller than BA, plus the BA's 88% stronger, so ur not left in the dark for where the extra weight went

Thread Information