Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does Rice Mean????

Nice pics of the ricer hyundi
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Well Here

Nuff Said
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Ricer can also refer to the true fact that japanese fuel truly does contain rice, thus rice burner, this is not a racist statement, it is fact. If you don't believe me, do a little research, this is why a Japanese integra type r acheives 200hp and an American spec has 190, it has to do with the fuels that run through them, as well as emmisions.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve87
    Ricer can also refer to the true fact that japanese fuel truly does contain rice, thus rice burner, this is not a racist statement, it is fact. If you don't believe me, do a little research, this is why a Japanese integra type r acheives 200hp and an American spec has 190, it has to do with the fuels that run through them, as well as emmisions.
    Tell you what YOU do the research and post it
    While at it look up fuel octane levels in US and elsewhere !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve87
    You're just kidding, right???
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

I'm not kidding and I'm not trying to be a pain here, but I'm sure that Japanese fuel does contain rice. I am aware octane levels are different, and that plays a big part as well, if you don't believe me, just ignore it, I'd rather not be a flaming noob.

PS. Just checked my sources and I had confused myself, the rice thing wasn't there, I heard it a while ago, and I can't find where so it must not be credible, but you're right, the main difference is octane, sorry to cause a stir
    Last edited by scubasteve87; 07-13-2004 at 09:33 AM. Reason: duh, I'm an idiot, sorry guys

no probs, at least you had the decency to go check and the courage to come back and admit the error.

Welcome to UCP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If you hate those annoying RICE

I have a website devoted to Rice.. and lets just say we dont like them too much.. www.ricehunters.com has pictures, video, forums, and more. Check it out. It is still a new site so im trying to get more members who are interested in speaking there minds about RICE...

rice to me is anyone who puts nitrous in their car

body kits wings are fine, if they are being used for show purposes, i know the big rear wing on a civic does nothing and i'll prolly outrun it on my bike (not motorbike) but it still looks cool. performance aint everything

but when you put nitrous in your car that basically makes your intentions clear and simple, except that engines arent designed for nitrous and most of the time it hurts the engine instead. fine you get to 60mph or the 1/4 mile faster than me, but u still slower than a wrc car or f1 car, and your engine now has 1/10th the lifespan of mine, HA

Ok, the rice term goes to Japanese cars in the US that have all kinds of Exterior Mods. These make the car look fast, but in reality, the car isn't that fast at all. It's sometimes just an engine that may have just one engine mod, while the Exterior looks like something off F&F.

Now the term "sleeper" is like the opposite. Sleeper cars also Japanese cars that look like a stock car, and sometimes look even worse than a stock car. paint gone, broken tail lights, etc. Except for one thing, The engine can be a beast.

The term for rice is "All Show, No Go"
    Sleeper term is the opposite "No Show, but All GO!
    Sleepers are fast cars with a very normal exterior.
    Ricers are usually slow cars with a very modified Exterior.

What about a car with a very modified exterior and has as much go as the sleeper? What is that called then?

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    What about a car with a very modified exterior and has as much go as the sleeper? What is that called then?
    Then that is a true street racing car.

Help me class this..

Ok i dunno to class my friend as a street racer or a ricer. I'll tell u about his car and you guys tell me what exactly he "is".

Well this friend of mine have a Civic EJ5 (local model, looks like an EK5 but FF layout, not 4WD).
    Exterior:
    Mugen Spoiler
    EK9 type R, body kit
    lowered spring (by 2", still can see the clearance of the tire and the car chasis)
    strut bar, anti roll bar (i dunno to count this as exterior or performance)
    an L.E.D to show when the VTEC is activated.
    a vacum meter
    EK9 bucket seats
    1/2" lifted hood (at the joint, ricer's way to cool down the engine bay, works tho.. can feel the different)
    custom front grill
    15" rims, cost twice than any others on the market, dunno where he get it

Performance:
    swapped engine to B16A3 (from an old integra, 170hp)
    racing cam
    HKS open pod intake
    fuel regulator
    aftermarket ECU (forget the brand, but quite reputable amongs modders locally, good value for money)
    integra fuel pump
    high capacity fuel injector
    Jasma muffler, with 2 center box and silencer (he took of one of the center box cuz he say it sound nicer)
    ultra thin metal head gasket

Future plans:
    High CR forged piston or go for low boost turbo
    Direct intake manifold (those look like little trumpets)
    more modification on the hood for further cooling

somehow i can see a ricer in him but there is more of a racer in him. He race every weekend, on the street won 4 race in the last two days. Never lose to any NA cars before.

Oh ya, he don't have any stickers on the car except one SPOON emblem at the back, tho he don't even have a SPOON product in the car.

so you think that friend of mine is a ricer or a racer?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    Ok i dunno to class my friend as a street racer or a ricer. I'll tell u about his car and you guys tell me what exactly he "is".

Well this friend of mine have a Civic EJ5 (local model, looks like an EK5 but FF layout, not 4WD).
    Exterior:
    Mugen Spoiler
    EK9 type R, body kit
    lowered spring (by 2", still can see the clearance of the tire and the car chasis)
    strut bar, anti roll bar (i dunno to count this as exterior or performance)
    an L.E.D to show when the VTEC is activated.
    a vacum meter
    EK9 bucket seats
    1/2" lifted hood (at the joint, ricer's way to cool down the engine bay, works tho.. can feel the different)
    custom front grill
    15" rims, cost twice than any others on the market, dunno where he get it

Performance:
    swapped engine to B16A3 (from an old integra, 170hp)
    racing cam
    HKS open pod intake
    fuel regulator
    aftermarket ECU (forget the brand, but quite reputable amongs modders locally, good value for money)
    integra fuel pump
    high capacity fuel injector
    Jasma muffler, with 2 center box and silencer (he took of one of the center box cuz he say it sound nicer)
    ultra thin metal head gasket

Future plans:
    High CR forged piston or go for low boost turbo
    Direct intake manifold (those look like little trumpets)
    more modification on the hood for further cooling

somehow i can see a ricer in him but there is more of a racer in him. He race every weekend, on the street won 4 race in the last two days. Never lose to any NA cars before.

Oh ya, he don't have any stickers on the car except one SPOON emblem at the back, tho he don't even have a SPOON product in the car.

From the looks of it the engine specs, it does sound like it's becoming less rice the more parts he installs. It'll stop being a rice in no time. Actually, it's not even Rice since he's got the performance down. Ricers have no performance, bt since his car does, it;s NOT rice.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ

I don't quite think he is ricer anymore, so I agree with F1_Master.

That raised hood is kinda odd, why doesn't he just create a style of "cowl induction?" It would do the same thing (just be careful if you live in a state like Virginia, 1/4" is the maxium for 1994 and up cars).

Thread Information