Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Does Rice Mean????

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Ok, the rice term goes to Japanese cars in the US that have all kinds of Exterior Mods.
    Also Neons, Focus, and even vipers, mustangs and camaros.

Ricer Viper

I just thought I might let you know that not only japanese cars are riced out.

BTW I've seen a couple of ricy European cars, not to mention Korean cars too.

But it also has no power. Has tons of exterior mods, but no performance.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    But it also has no power. Has tons of exterior mods, but no performance.
    What??? Please explain.

You said that rice is "all kinds of exterior mods"... Now, I don't think the viper on the pics that were posted on the link above is excused because it has 500HP, that viper is as rice as it gets, I would never drive such an ugly car... I don't care how fast it is, rice is rice my friend.

What happens if when driving down the road you see a mustang cobra with some NOS stickers and some big spoiler and body kit (Oh yeah, there are some) I bet you say "Wow what a ricer"... ok, it's fast ricer but still... a ricer.

I forgot to mention Cavaliers can be ricy too.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    I don't quite think he is ricer anymore, so I agree with F1_Master.

That raised hood is kinda odd, why doesn't he just create a style of "cowl induction?" It would do the same thing (just be careful if you live in a state like Virginia, 1/4" is the maxium for 1994 and up cars).
    cowl induction?

raised hood, i can't find a pic on the net.. but there are plenty of those in the ridiculously thick Option mags.. it started locally few years ago and almost all modders who drive a jap car do that. Its cheap to mod and take almost no time to install, you just disable the hood, add two piece of metal to the joint where the hood is mount to the chasis and then use the metal as an extender and mount them to the chasis. I wonder if the rain water will go in, but anyway, that friend of mine refuse to drive his car when its raining unless he had to pick up his girlfriend

he is planing to mod his hood like the lan evo's, shallow opening at the center of the hood, does that work?

This is a cowl induction hood:
    cowl hood

It sucks air in from infront of the windshield. Lots of muscle cars have them.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

OMG its so big!!

so basically the concept of my friend's car's raised hood is about the same, to draw in air from the windshield.

There are smaller ones, thats actually one of the bigger ones I've seen, The hieght of the hood depends on the hieght of the airfilter(the original reason for the cowl induction) but I can see the concept that your friend is trying to accomplish with his hood.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    What??? Please explain.

You said that rice is "all kinds of exterior mods"... Now, I don't think the viper on the pics that were posted on the link above is excused because it has 500HP, that viper is as rice as it gets, I would never drive such an ugly car... I don't care how fast it is, rice is rice my friend.

What happens if when driving down the road you see a mustang cobra with some NOS stickers and some big spoiler and body kit (Oh yeah, there are some) I bet you say "Wow what a ricer"... ok, it's fast ricer but still... a ricer.

I forgot to mention Cavaliers can be ricy too.
    Not every modified car is a ricer. If that Viper pushes 500HP, then it's not ricer. It has both exterior and performance mods. Again ricers look fast with the exterior mods, but there usually little or no performance upgrades.

so with the theory you guys comes out.. ricer basically is a car with lots of exterior cosmetic and accesories but stock performance.

then if i buy a 2005 Mustang with 300hp and do nothing about the performance, just hell lots of body kit and a huge rear wing and lotz of stickers that i don't even have their parts install is counted as a ricer too?

you guys say ricer is all show no go, but a stock mustang already have a bit of that "go" already.. so how?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    so with the theory you guys comes out.. ricer basically is a car with lots of exterior cosmetic and accesories but stock performance.

then if i buy a 2005 Mustang with 300hp and do nothing about the performance, just hell lots of body kit and a huge rear wing and lotz of stickers that i don't even have their parts install is counted as a ricer too?

you guys say ricer is all show no go, but a stock mustang already have a bit of that "go" already.. so how?
    A Mustang with 300HP? Well, to me, it might have to depend how much exterior mods are put on. Say, you put on a small whale fin spoiler and change the wheels, that wouldn't be rice. Now if you installed a HUGE spoiler, A big body kit, bumpers, and go insane on head lights, tail lights, and had all kinds of stickers, then that's rice. Now if you pumped that sucker up to 500HP, no way is that rice.

over makeup + stock performance = rice

Yo~ i'm eating lotz of cosmetic a day yet i get the same ammount of energy pun intended just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    over makeup + stock performance = rice

Yo~ i'm eating lotz of cosmetic a day yet i get the same ammount of energy pun intended just kidding
    The opposite.

no makeup + modified performance = sleeper.

what do you call them if they got both? hybrid?

Cool Am

I have two words for everyone...
    American Muscle...! - the epitamy of cool...

man, this thread died like 2 months ago and you resurect it with a statement like that... at least learn to spell...

besides that, welcome to UCP and hope you have a top time here!
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information