Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are you a church going Christian?

I keep ending up in catholic churches...
    Thanks for all the fish

it's been a while since i entered a curch . must have been my cousin's wedding . some 5 years ago .. but my parents more then make up for me missing
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Church-going non-denominational Christian
    same. my dads a pastor too.
    hey, i mean, even the devil believes in God
    Last edited by Celica XT; 08-03-2004 at 06:33 AM.
    life begins at 200mph

yay go the titanium angels
    Hachi Roku Owner.

Quote Originally Posted by brum
    sorry bout that i didnt think enough about that. i dont have nothing against people that arent christians, arent we meant to love all, well i do
    but sori again bout that. i think all faiths should be challenged though, including mine.
    lol thats okay. everybody have their own believes, and there isn't anything right or wrong about it. I understand why you say what you've said earlier. I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean i don't believe in things. I do belive in things, in a general way instead of siding with one religion.

i enjoy the company of people from other religion, and honestly i like hearing what they have to say i mean stories from different religion is just facinating to me besides drifting
    -UCP's Hardcore 4AG enthusiast
    -Undergraduate student, saved half of the money to buy an AE111 Trueno half cut

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    lol thats okay. everybody have their own believes, and there isn't anything right or wrong about it. I understand why you say what you've said earlier. I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean i don't believe in things. I do belive in things, in a general way instead of siding with one religion.

i enjoy the company of people from other religion, and honestly i like hearing what they have to say i mean stories from different religion is just facinating to me besides drifting
    well i dunno i cant see any logic in other religions, not meaning i dont like the poeple, i mean i wouldnt call christianity a religion its really a relationship, hard to explain
    There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Celica XT
    same. my dads a pastor too.
    hey, i mean, even the devil believes in God
    so true
    There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

well i dunno i cant see any logic in other religions, not meaning i dont like the poeple, i mean i wouldnt call christianity a religion its really a relationship, hard to explain
    You're not alone... there are quite a few religious people who can't see any logic in other religions .

You must understand that it is largely created through cultural upbringing though... had you been born in Tibet, you would certainly not be a Christian. (I'm trying to liven up the conversation in here a little)

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    What as that to do with CARS?????????
    we are in the micellaneous section.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    You're not alone... there are quite a few religious people who can't see any logic in other religions .

(I'm trying to liven up the conversation in here a little)
    I have been challenged by other religions but they have never one me over. I have seen people healed from un curable cancers. i have a spiritual relationship with God, i see people that arent christians and i see how much they are missing out on, i wish i could talk to them.

hey brum, what church do u go to?
    life begins at 200mph

wel..i was baptised and all that.But i am in no way religious at all. I dont believe in god and i dont believe in going to church (obviously) I guess i just dont agree with religion full stop. U asked what we hate? Well sometimes i get a little irritated and annoyed with the muslim religion, because of the way those peoples lives are dominated by what i believe is something that doesnt even exist, and are made to do things such as terrorism led by their 'God' in order to be accepted into heaven. It just isnt right...

I have been challenged by other religions but they have never one me over. I have seen people healed from un curable cancers. i have a spiritual relationship with God, i see people that arent christians and i see how much they are missing out on, i wish i could talk to them.
    Uncurable cancer? you may be right, but do take note that stories of other religion about curing uncurable cancer do exist. Like my grandparents, they turn to buddha when all form of modern medical failed and in the end they are cured or relieved. So they think it is buddha who cured them or whatever.

You might see how they are missing out on, and they might be seeing that you are missing out on something too. Each religion have their own way of thinking, but in the end all religion have a same thing in common, you worship for your own well being or something.. you guys should know more than i do.
    And you do that because you have faith in your own religion.

No one is right or wrong in this discussion. And all of you who pray should know more than me as an atheist.

Back to the topic, going to church doesn't neccesary mean you are a faithful person isn't it? I know someone who go to church just to pick up chicks, on the other hand i know someone who don't go to church but pray at home all the time (not to mention praying to god before exam starts while i'm trying to jam as much stuff into my brain)

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    wel..i was baptised and all that.But i am in no way religious at all. I dont believe in god and i dont believe in going to church (obviously) I guess i just dont agree with religion full stop. U asked what we hate? Well sometimes i get a little irritated and annoyed with the muslim religion, because of the way those peoples lives are dominated by what i believe is something that doesnt even exist, and are made to do things such as terrorism led by their 'God' in order to be accepted into heaven. It just isnt right...
    Malaysia is a muslim country too, and belive me muslim here don't think that way. If you research the history of muslim you'll know that there had been civil war between muslims.. and turn out that they brake or something...

i have no idea where they got the idea of terrerism, as there is no teaching of such things in muslim... i guess they are the one who say what there god say.. now i confused myself

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Well sometimes i get a little irritated and annoyed with the muslim religion, because of the way those peoples lives are dominated by what i believe is something that doesnt even exist, and are made to do things such as terrorism led by their 'God' in order to be accepted into heaven. It just isnt right...
    Remember that until the reformation most of Europe was equally dominated by catholicism and policed by the Spanish Inquisition.

The downside of organised religion is the organisation can sometimes lose focus of it's purpose and get carried away with it's own importance and fundamentally forget the teachings it ascribes to.

Without the Muslim education system we wouldn't have most of the advances in language, mathematics, astronomy and even engineering.
    It is now a poor shadow of it's once great system.
    Like Christianity, hopefully it will come out of it's current "dark age" and take rightful place as a positive force in the world.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information