Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford GTHO?

Well i suppose the Typhoon cant come soon enough.......440nm at 1500rpm, 538nm at 1750rpm, 550nm at 2000-4000rpm
    I am the Stig

damn you kangaroo jockies!!

are the ford gods aussies or what? why is it that we stuck with the leftover crap from ford?!!! the aussies get this: http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...-show-ford.htm and we get the ford 500?!!! the mkii gt-p has 19" rims and brembos and we get the styling of a brick in the 500?? check out the performance stats of the typhoon, turbo and intercooled 4.0 v6 from the falcon?? (another fine specimen of a car that us yankees can't experience) i mean, i can care less about the el ranchero look of the tornado...but dammit!! the 500?!! looks like crap and my grandma's rascal wheelchair scooter has more power than the 500. *sigh*

vs

We've never put a V6 in the Falcon actually, in its 44 years its always been straight six
    I am the Stig

Maybe the only large RWD ford to never have one
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

The Mustang used to have a straight six, but that wasnt really a large RWD...
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    We've never put a V6 in the Falcon actually, in its 44 years its always been straight six
    well, i stand corrected...i didn't mean v6.

a 7L donk is just too much. Imagine how much petrol youd go through people would be scared to buy something with so much power too! itll end up like it did befor with the Charger being run outta town. Samell happen here.
    The Datto will rage again...

well i think anyway you look at it, the more power your making, the bigger the fuel consumption can get, but these days theres far easier solutions to the 60's attitude of "theres no replacement for displacement"........When Ford gets their 6.2L V8 im sure that'll have plenty of go in it, not just with the new bore giving more revs and more power, but the VCT capable heads, providing improved economy and a broader power and torque range
    I am the Stig

Will the 6.2L put a smile on my Brothers face do you think, You know how much he loves the boss

haha well i think we'll have to wait a month or so first....unfortunately its always when something's new that it has its worst problems, in 5 years time, 99% of the BOSS V8's on the road could be running smoother than new
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    haha well i think we'll have to wait a month or so first....unfortunately its always when something's new that it has its worst problems, in 5 years time, 99% of the BOSS V8's on the road could be running smoother than new
    That's weird

well its not what you'd call a conventional engine remember...it may be a Modular design, but even detroit hadnt planned to stick the mustang top end on an F-150 bottom end
    I am the Stig

But by the time the new 6.2L comes all that own these current Boss engine will jump into the 6.2L. They might never know what they let go

Id like to GT-HO to look EXACTLY the same as a v8 supercar, like i mean, same rear wing and if legal, front spoiler too, and a loud exhaust that makes it sound like a race car wif a carbon fibre bonnet, that would be Haaawwwttt!!!
    coltyu. d;-)!

i think too many people would call it rice or something....although it would look good yes. apparently the GT kit was styled off the Supercar kit but they missed out big with the front spoiler

i think plenty of people have already realised the potential of the BOSS, i think i told you about the GT-P that cracked 300rwkw with only bolt ons and a Unichip, and theres a fair few with a Vortec from Herrod (i think someone's even gotten Herrod to fit the 700hp CAPA kit on their XR8 ute) so theyre producing the figures. the big rumour is though, the torque reduction tags are stopping them making groundbreaking times
    I am the Stig

Thread Information