Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford GTHO?

I dont really see how....forced induction is something you have to live with as being fitted standard to some cars in the 21st century.....should the SL55 have not been supercharged because the 300SL wasnt?
    I am the Stig

Using a Supercharger feels to me as cutting corners just to get more power, like theres plenty of ways to get more N/A power out of an engine, like lets give it bigger cams, to give it a rougher idle + exhaust and make it sound like a real race car, not some supercharger that will more than likely have its fair share of problems(as they do), i can just see it, itll be crap. Supercharged GT = GT-HO, id be very dissapointed.
    coltyu. d;-)!

cutting corners is the way to do it though....if they would rather a $7K supercharger than $1K on extractors, $500 on cams, who knows what on blueprinting and balancing the engine, same goes with polishing the heads and intake etc, they might spend a couple K less on the supercharger, which can be spend on bigger brakes, or better suspension etc. some people would probably love to get a GTHO with a supercharger whine, especially if it was that or the sound of a BOV
    I am the Stig

Well you can have your whistling GT and ill have my highly modified N/A BOSS engine that looks identical to a v8 supercar and sounds like one
    coltyu. d;-)!

haha and my power and torque curves will eat your engine alive under 3000rpm thats something else FPV will consider
    I am the Stig

Well ill eat up ur supercharger at 4000+rpm w/ massive cams and you wont be able to hear your engine either, not even that high pitched whistling! (v8 supercar style exhaust) . Thats something something FPV SHOULD! consider
    coltyu. d;-)!

haha what makes you think that....i've only heard of one 400kw NA GT, yet a $8K supercharger kit will get you that
    I am the Stig

as long as you have can change the settings in the comp (which atm is a bit hard )
    then i rkn it you could make 600kW, heck more! Ofcourse itll be much more then 8k but you get the leet sound and charisma of a modified v8 and appreciation u wont get with a little turbine :P
    coltyu. d;-)!

hehe, either way, whats stopping me doing the cams and exhaust etc as well as the blower
    I am the Stig

well we werent debateing other mods as well as a blower >.< =P
    coltyu. d;-)!

maybe not, but if you exclude putting a blower on your car, your cutting yourself out on alot of potential. its especially easy if the blowers put on by the factory as standard. just look at how many turbo kits are out for the falcon 6, now when ford decide to do their own, the market blows up with potential
    I am the Stig

I can just see superchargers having problems though :S
    coltyu. d;-)!

well they are prone to problems with the belts, but mainly in motorsport. if you regularly service the car though, its no problem. its just like taking care of your fan and timing belts etc.
    I am the Stig

Ive prolly said this before, but my picture of a GT-HO is a spittin image of a Falcon v8 supercar, and theyre not supercharged, if they were then supercharging a GT-HO wouldnt be that bad :O
    coltyu. d;-)!

well that'd be about what FPV will try and make it like, but thats still no reason to rule out supercharging alot of people are doing it these days, so why not
    I am the Stig

Thread Information