Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo Or Big Single????

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht Black View Post
    nos not dangerous, what are you kidding
    think of it this way.
    to run nos properly you have to change the pistons ,rods and head gasket to a lower compression to allow for the extra pressure in the chamber. which means when your not running nos the pressure is lower than normal and you loose power. to over come this you can use higher compression pistons ,rods and head gaskets but when you do run a decent amount of nos the chamber pressure is too and you will blow you engine no matter how stong the internals, especialy if you own a honda due to the floating cylinders which are prone to warping. nos is more volitial than gas.
    The proper way to use nitrous is to inhale deeply and hold it in.

Seriously though, as long as you have a decent ignition and fuel system, and you don't pick an outrageous nitrous/fuel mixture amount you can't really go wrong. Running an eleventy billion shot of nitrous in drakkie's shitbox for instance is just not a good idea.

BTW, Nos is a manufacturer of nitrous oxide systems and components (as is NX and ZEX). Not the nitrous itself. Noob.

EDIT: Can't this f****** thread just die already?
    Last edited by baddabang; 10-04-2007 at 08:32 PM.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    EDIT: Can't this f****** thread just die already?

QFMFT!!!

whats with all the noobs who think the Nitrous-oxide burns/combusts anyways?
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

nos not dangerous, what are you kidding
    think of it this way.
    to run nos properly you have to change the pistons ,rods and head gasket to a lower compression to allow for the extra pressure in the chamber. which means when your not running nos the pressure is lower than normal and you loose power. to over come this you can use higher compression pistons ,rods and head gaskets but when you do run a decent amount of nos the chamber pressure is too and you will blow you engine no matter how stong the internals, especialy if you own a honda due to the floating cylinders which are prone to warping. nos is more volitial than gas.
    Nitrous doesn't burn. It helps the ignition, IIRC.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Nitrous doesn't burn. It helps the ignition, IIRC.
    Nitrous heats up and breaks down into O2 and N creating an abundance of oxygen within the engine, so you can inject more fuel into the engine and produce more horsepower.
    John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

this is creating more problems than its worth, there is no 100% correct modification for a car. it all depends on what you want to do whether it be drag, track, drift or rally there isn't 1 car in the world that can do it all with the same setup and win. and as for nos it can be useful i never said it isn't, i myself have run it in three of my track cars but after about six races problems start occurring and the cheap horsepower gain turns on you with a vengeance. this has caused me over $16k AUS in damage, even though i get a cheaper price on parts through my trade. so my advice is to any one who
    1. hasn't had alot of experience and
    2. wants to increase power output
    is to start as small as possible with a single mid-small sized turbo or basic ATT supercharger as both will cause very little problems for most cars pre 1994

by the way for the person that is criticizing me about using NOS instead of N20. how about you get up off your computer and spend some time at a race track or something because your just embarrassing yourself.
    how old are you, and what kind or car do you drive?
    (if you even have one of course)

by the way for the person that is criticizing me about using NOS instead of N20. how about you get up off your computer and spend some time at a race track or something because your just embarrassing yourself.
    How is informing you of Nitrous Oxide's correct nomenclature an embarrassment of one's self?

He's right. NOS is a company, Nitrous Oxide is NO2. It's like saying you're going to the store to buy a Kohler, when in reality you're going to look for a new kitchen sink. There's a difference.

Or going to Hoover the floor...Or Victa the back lawn...
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    He's right. NOS is a company, Nitrous Oxide is NO2.
    Uh... N20 is nitrous oxide, while NO2 is nitrogen dioxide.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

When your nose is running do you reach for a Kleenex or a tissue? I'm not sure how this "embarrasses" me either. Say someone is running a NX system in their Honda and you start referring to it as NOS then you would be the one subject to the embarrassment.

You: ZOMFG D1z gUy h4z da NOS in HiZ H0nd4!!!
    Honda Owner: Actually my nitrous system is from Nitrous Express tool.

SMP.
    John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

you guys are using computers right so look on wikipedia you will find something like this...

Nitrous
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    • Learn more about using Wikipedia for research •Jump to: navigation, search
    This page discusses the use of nitrous oxide in a racing context. For other uses, see Nitrous oxide.

Nitrous is an often used abbreviation for the chemical compound nitrous oxide (N2O) also referred to as NOS. The term NOS is derived from the abbreviation of the company name Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS), one of the pioneering companies in the development of nitrous oxide injection systems for automotive performance use. More recently, the term was used prominently in the film The Fast and the Furious, and not surprisingly, shortly after the film's release, various automotive newsgroups and forums featured unprecedented numbers of inquiries about "NOS" and how to install and use it. To a chemist, however, NOS refers to Nitric Oxide Synthase.

Nitrous oxide is an oxidizing agent used to increase an engine's power output by allowing more fuel (usually gasoline or alcohol) to be burned than would normally be the case.

.....so simply we use nos as a common slag word to represent n2o if that (as you people say) noob would have spent any time with some racers or any person thats actually involved in cars he would know this. what kind of cars do you guys drive anyway, just out of interest. you can tell alot about a person by the kind of car they choose to drive. there isnt any right or wrong type of car to drive, its more of an expression of how that person drives. if they prefere to drive with more power or what ever.
    Last edited by Jecht Black; 10-05-2007 at 10:44 PM.

what type of honda

....or we just say N2O since it has the same amount of letters and doesn't confuse people with the company
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

what type of honda
    a single turbo Citroen diesel....makes the use of NOS quite attractive, me would think
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

citroen... not bad decent amount of torque comming from the standed model somethingalong the lines of what we call a C4 here in AUS. 1.6L HDi or the 2.0L HDi does yours have ESP? exept for the sequential option there not too bad.

also us mechanics try not to confuse our customers otherwise they start to think were ripping them off. so useing n2o in conversations only makes problems. its like saying gearbox instead of transaxile. we have to always assume that a customer knows nothing but speak to them in a way that your not trying to call them stupid. theres a whole book on it. its really habbit forming because after a decade in the trade you talk that way to everyone.
    Last edited by Jecht Black; 10-05-2007 at 11:10 PM.

citroen... not bad decent amount of torque comming from the standed model somethingalong the lines of what we call a C4 here in AUS. 1.6L HDi or the 2.0L HDi does yours have ESP? exept for the sequential option there not too bad.
    2.2 HdI, now with 360 NM of torque...it does have ESP (look left for a picture...)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information