Thread: X-Type.....ESTATE?

Red face X-Type.....ESTATE?

Jaguar's range is getting bigger every day as Jag is now aiming to launch its very first X-type estate equipped with the same engines as the saloon model: 2.5,3.0 V6 petrol engines in addition to the recently unveiled 2.0 turbo charged Diesel unit.
    Jag claims that its new model will be loaded of the latest intellegent technologies & features.

The car will be available with either manual or automatic 5speed gearbox transmitting engine's output to 4WD system which sustains best ride for this car under different road circumstances.
    The car will be one of Frankfurt's stars next month & will hit the roads next spring.
    Who knows? Jags are getting more practical every day.Maybe we'll witness the launch of HotHatch Jag in the near future
    For more details click this link !!
    Last edited by kinan.f; 08-20-2003 at 11:58 AM.

Re: X-Type.....ESTATE?

Originally posted by kinan.f
    Jaguar's range is getting bigger every day as Jag is now aiming to launch its very first X-type estate equipped with the same engines as the saloon model: 2.5,3.0 V6 petrol engines in addition to the recently unveiled 2.0 turbo charged Diesel unit.
    Jag claims that its new model will be loaded of the latest intellegent technologies & features.

The car will be available with either manual or automatic 5speed gearbox transmitting engine's output to 4WD system which sustains best ride for this car under different road circumstances.
    The car will be one of Frankfurt's stars next month & will hit the roads next spring.
    Who knows? Jags are getting more practical every day.Maybe we'll witness the launch of HotHatch Jag in the near future
    the rear looks a bit Volvo V40... (another ford car) as both of them, if I´m sure jag X-type, volvo s40 and ford mondeo share the same basis...
    so it´s not strange if they look similar...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

absolutely a good move

The automotive world is moving toward avants, estates, wagons, hatchbacks. These roomier, nicer styled, utility friendly autos drive like a car. Not many people take their vehicles off-road nowadays. there's no need to; everything is paved. For the avid off-roaders, this Jag isn't for them, nevermind any other jag. But for the Soccer Mom, or anyone who needs more space, but not ground clearance, an estate is for them; and for someone with class... the JAG estate. My point being, adding a wagon to the Jaguar lineup will tap into the utily,less car-like, market.

still though... jags suck. Crappy electronics. And those squinty little headlamps. I'd take an audi avant or BMW wagon over the x-type anyday... especially the RS6 Avant... mmmmmmmm....

Squinty, Yes, the dehavilland Comet style headlamps may not be to all tastes, but i find them attractive. but as for crappy electronics, let's just say that in the recent BBC/Topgear reliability tests, the Jag S-type came 10th, and only the Audi A3 and Porsche Boxster did better than it. what was that about german reliability????
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Re: absolutely a good move

Originally posted by Othix
    still though... jags suck. Crappy electronics. And those squinty little headlamps. I'd take an audi avant or BMW wagon over the x-type anyday... especially the RS6 Avant... mmmmmmmm....
    First of all,X-Type represents a whole different category from the (A6/S6/RS6) & the 5 Ser.It is unfair to compare those giants to this little wild cat
    Second of all,I'm positive that every car manufacturer today uses the best electronic elements that may be found & I think Jag won't destroy its fame just to save a few pennies applying crappy electronics to its cars

Jaguar X-Type Estate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Quote Originally Posted by kinan.f

Nice looking Audi you got there Ford,,,oh! I mean Jag.... that wagon looks just like the Audi A6 avant,,,
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I like these fronts on the new jogs although the rear on this I don't really like. Seems kinda boring. I would take a E class mercedes wagon or 5 series wagon front BMW......
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I think the car isn't all that stately, its not ueber-Euro styled and performance can be topped by any Audi wagon. Jag aka Ford should leave that kind of Auto-building to the people who know what makes a sporty wagon.

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    I like the look of the Jag Estates a lot, but I would go for the 5 series touring which is a better car in the first place. Aren't thay bringing out an estate version of the M5 soon?
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

They are bringing out an M5 Wagon. Looks interesting.

The X-Type and the 5 Series are in different classes from each other. The S-Type and the 5 Series are the ones in the same class. In this case it should be X-Type and 3 Series.

Thread Information