• Corvette Z06

23 47.92%
  • Viper SRT-10

25 52.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corvette Z06 V.S. Viper SRT-10

Corvette Z06 V.S. Viper SRT-10

which do you think is better the Corvette Z06 or the Viper SRT-10

note: the corvette handles better than the viper and can be modified to match viper straight line performance for less than it costs to buy a new viper.
    so give your opinions and vote.

P.S. don't make mean comments.
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 08-20-2003 at 02:54 PM.

I'll concede that on most practical levels, the Z06 is the better car.
    It's cheaper, generally more comfortable and compliant, an easier car to handle at the limit for the novice, more fuel economical, etc. On a track, these two should be fairly close.

But for visceral appeal and uniqueness, my sentimental judgement would go in favor of the Viper.

i'm a corvette fan so i'd pick the corvette, but i agree that the viper is more unique

I don't really think that the Viper is all that much more unique. Since I live in Australia it is very rare to see either. And for the $275 K asking price for the Australian delivered viper the interior is a joke. The corvette has my vote hands down.

I'm a Corvette fan, but the Viper is a faster car. When pushed to the edge it can produce better results than a Corvette can. The Corvette is more livable car for daily driving, while the Viper is a summer weekends only type thing. As for better, well, that's all opinion, so it depends on what you're looking for. I'll vote for the Viper on this, since it's a better performer.

As for modifying a Corvette to the speed of a Viper, yeah it's possible... But, you can also say you can modify a Civic to the speed of a Corvette for less than $50,000. You can modify a fox body Mustang for a lot less, too. That's not to say that a Civic is better than a Corvette or Viper, or that a Mustang from the 80's is better. It all just comes down to what you want.

the corvette z06 is a work of art, that car is incredible pulling .98-96 on the skidpad the engine is amazing, i know that the engine in that thing would outlast dodges v10..... corvette hands down, although i do like the look of the viper
    its not speed that kills u its the sudden stop at the end

The Z06

I'd definately rather have the vette. I'm a Ford fan first and foremost, but both these cars are pretty cool. I'd have to take the vette though cause it's cheaper and handles better. Also cause it's a coupe, the whole concept of a roadster just turns me off. To me it says "compromise" in big bold letters, in this case between performance and recreation or maybe style to some folks. But I'd rather have the lighter stiffer frame of a coupe over a roadster any day.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

i want a viper, so i can turn it into a venom....twin turbos....body kit.....fun fun fun!

Hey Batmobile_Turbo,
    This is your friend B from Indy,
    First, I wanted to mention the handling on the two infamouse American sports cars. You can't just say that the vette's handling is better. They are both good and have certain differnces that can only be judged on a persons personal driving likes and preferences...
    "The Viper is so much edgier and more direct. There's more compliance in the Corvette's suspension, and it relies on electronic nannies to keep you safe; the SRT-10 gives you more feedback and makes you exert more car control in the process. On mottled surfaces, the Corvette insulates without becoming harsh. The Viper punishes you for being stupid enough to drive it on bad roads in the first place, but rewards you more for being a capable pilot. That said, it's a much more progressive and easier-to-drive-fast piece than was the old RT/10." (Motor Trend).

So, the viper allows the driver more control over the road. Some people prefer that while others do not.
    Last edited by Red line; 09-01-2003 at 12:14 PM.

I totally agree with BPx and I think that the viper looks much better than the corvette and, according to statistics, the viper is better in almost every area. And in my opinion, I think that the viper is worth every extra penny over the corvette.
    Last edited by viper_dude; 09-01-2003 at 12:06 PM.

Hey, this is J,

I totally agree with Red Line bout the viper's handling and that it all depends on what kind of handling you like; either you like to totally feel like the pilot of your car and get the viper, or you can get the less responsive and less hands on control with the vette. Not only that, the viper has better acceleration speed with 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds and the vette having a 4.24 0-60 mph seconds record( this info from latest motortrends test drivers). Just another point that I thought I should add to the list.

i know the viper has a sweet ass v-10 i love the sound of those things, but the corvettes ls6 is just way sweeter. and the viper puts bout 100 more hp and 125 more tq than the zo6 and the z06 with minimial mods can rape the viper..... basicly im tryn to say is u can buy a vette z06 put 10k into it have a 60k z06 that runs low 11s, or buy a 80,000 dollar viper that runs mid 12s..... and ya the viper may handle a little worse but there both driver cars, u can have as much control of the road with the vette as u do the viper... but its personal taste, id rather have them both
    its not speed that kills u its the sudden stop at the end

zo6

The viper is a little bit quicker and a little bit faster but the zo6 handles much better due to a lower weight and stiffer design. Ive got to take the zo6 overall, especially for the price difference. None of this will matter when the new Ford GT comes out.

both of these are great American cars though

The viper is a little bit quicker and a little bit faster but the zo6 handles much better due to a lower weight and stiffer design. Ive got to take the zo6 overall, especially for the price difference. None of this will matter when the new Ford GT comes out.
    yeah but, isn't that going to cost 150,000 US bucks?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information