Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best fuel Efficient Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    lol ford gt on topgear ...

Richard: you used the entire tank on the track ...

Jeremy: Yes

Richard: so how many mpg did you get out of it

Jeremy: 4

Richard: 4 MPG !!!!

lmfao
    Whats wrong with that? He was racing it right? I dont know about you, but when racing dont you have the throttle down most of the time? What do you think something like a Ferrari Enzo would get?

either way, thats still a production car, production cars (i dont care how performance oriented they are) should consume fuel at that rate, and even if he was driving it normally his mpg would not have exceeded 14

a honda civic gets 36 mpg driving normally, the majority of diesals easily go above the 40 mark

and as for the ferrari enzo, thats a totally different type of car
    that is a formula 1 car designed to meet road laws, the ford gt is designed to compete with ferrari 360s and 911s

my point was the americans consume more fuel (per person/vehicle) then any other country and this is reflected in their mpg ratings in all their cars, what americans consider "efficient" is what people in europe and anywhere else in the world consider extremely wasteful

I dont know they conversions well on gallons to litres but here if you have a car that does 100ks to ten litres you're doin well. my datto can do it but cause i flog it everywhere it gets 12L to the 100ks which is still pretty damn good. Our 3.5L V6 magna get under 10L to the hundred kays on the highway, on a 74L tank it gout us damn close to 800kays
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    I dont know they conversions well on gallons to litres but here if you have a car that does 100ks to ten litres you're doin well. my datto can do it but cause i flog it everywhere it gets 12L to the 100ks which is still pretty damn good. Our 3.5L V6 magna get under 10L to the hundred kays on the highway, on a 74L tank it gout us damn close to 800kays

I have said it before, but getting 10 litres per 100 km is still considered extremely wasteful. I am getting between 5-6 litres per 100 km and with a 65 litre tank can always go more than 1000 km if I adhere to the speed limits. (There's your progress in diesel engines, even with 2 litres and 135 BHP).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    dont forget imperial gallons are not the same as the gallons used by the united states

i think litres are the same everywhere though

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Diesel is the way to go for efficiency. EPA needs to lighten up on diesels, there's some fantastic diesels out there now getting around 6l/100km average, and many that get much better than that even. i forget the conversion factor, but that's damn good mileage.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Diesel is the way to go for efficiency. EPA needs to lighten up on diesels, there's some fantastic diesels out there now getting around 6l/100km average, and many that get much better than that even. i forget the conversion factor, but that's damn good mileage.
    Of course EPA is not protecting the interests of the USA car manufacturers but the fact that these have hardly any modern diesel technology at their disposal may have some influence on their current position.
    On the other hand Chrysler could use well proven Mercedes technology, and Ford has the engines that have been developed in cooperation with French PSA. GM would be able to find something in the Opel range for sure.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

of FIAT range :d like the 1.9 jtd
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

the most fuel efficient car i know of is a custom mustang check it out
    lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

the most fuel efficient car i know of is a custom mustang check it out
    Why, because it doesn't run. No run....no use gas. Just kidding. I like american muscle cars just not as fuel efficient cars.

My vote: Toyota Prius for city driving and VW TDI for the open road.

I think since it said "vehicle" we overlook the motorycle: many of them get easily over 100mpg, and even say, a 250 ninja which is a high strung little machine to say the least gets 60-70mpg.

I think since it said "vehicle" we overlook the motorycle: many of them get easily over 100mpg, and even say, a 250 ninja which is a high strung little machine to say the least gets 60-70mpg.
    but with the tiny fuel tanks you'll be back at the pump pretty quickly.

True, but your wallet won't get drained nearly as fast either. Trust me, I get 16mpg in a GOOD week in my Mustang, usually closer to 14 (that probably translstes to roughly 16-18l/100km for y'all metric guys) - and simply not spending huge amounts of bank on gas is very tempting.

True, but your wallet won't get drained nearly as fast either. Trust me, I get 16mpg in a GOOD week in my Mustang, usually closer to 14 (that probably translstes to roughly 16-18l/100km for y'all metric guys) - and simply not spending huge amounts of bank on gas is very tempting.
    is it impolite to ask what you get in a BAD weekend?

Not at all.

I get right around 1mpg at WOT.

There was the week my ex dumped me. I was super pissed that week. I took it out on that poor 302. Returned 7-8mpg including a good deal of freeway time.

The Mach 1 in the sig gets 13 in a good week, I reckon about 5 when you get pissed. Don't know exactly, that one's my Dad's daily driver so I don't get much seat time.

The convertible for some reason gets lousy gas mileage. It's the most mildly tuned of all of them, but I've never gotten better than about 15 out of it even on the freeway. Considering ditching the Carter AFB and getting an Edelbrock.

Thread Information