Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hu eva said a GTO or TVR can smoke a R34?

hu eva said a GTO or TVR can smoke a R34?

totally not true, tune up ur skyline r34.....like ma dad did..........from 208kw to 296kw(dats how much ma dads car has) n u have a perfect smoker........even mitsi's powerful evo, fto or even the so called 'speed-bugger' GTO wont stand a chance against it.
    Last edited by r34_296kw; 08-29-2003 at 09:04 PM.

Actually, those two would beat an R34, on a track or at the strip, assuming the drivers were equally competent. How do you get off bringing modifications into the picture? That ruins the whole argument. The comparison should be stock only.

There was a Crazy 800hp Dodge Neon that utterly annihilated a stock SRT-10 Viper. Does that mean that I can get away with saying "NEONS CaN Sm0KE A V1POR!!!"?

No.

but that again isnt fair, becuause of the power cap in japan, there cars have 280 hp, yeh the cars have the potential to be much faster.

A stock tvr will blow the CRAP out of a skyline, as will a noble m12 GTO. I love the skyline, but it just isn't built to do what those cars will.

Lets just pretend a 300kw GTR fronts up to a Tuscan S. Both cars have the same power, but in terms of weight, the Tuscan is miles in front. If you tip serious money into it, of course the skyline could be better, but then what if Mr Tuscan modifies his car too? Then there's the stock new m12 ...0-100 kph in 3.7...the skyline just isn't in the hunt.

Japan hasn't exactly stuck to the power cap either, especially in the GTR

Originally posted by Nildo
    A stock tvr will blow the CRAP out of a skyline, as will a noble m12 GTO. I love the skyline, but it just isn't built to do what those cars will.

Lets just pretend a 300kw GTR fronts up to a Tuscan S. Both cars have the same power, but in terms of weight, the Tuscan is miles in front. If you tip serious money into it, of course the skyline could be better, but then what if Mr Tuscan modifies his car too? Then there's the stock new m12 ...0-100 kph in 3.7...the skyline just isn't in the hunt.

Japan hasn't exactly stuck to the power cap either, especially in the GTR
    u sure? then why did ma dads skyline, in a race leave the mitsubishi gto and a imported tvr coughing up the dust while he completely thrashed both cars in a race?

Originally posted by WasteG8
    but that again isnt fair, becuause of the power cap in japan, there cars have 280 hp, yeh the cars have the potential to be much faster.
    The 280hp factor is irrelevent in this discussion. It was R34 -vs- GTO -vs- "a TVR" (I'm assuming you mean a modern TVR). Is the Skyline faster? No. End of story.

Could it be faster? Of course! Nobody can deny that. The thing is, pretty much any car could potentially be faster than any other, depending on the modifications made. That's why people compare cars when they are stock.

If I compare "a Porsche 911" to a Ferrari Enzo, can I get away with saying it has a faster top speed because it could be a Gemballa 850 Evo? Not at all...

[EDIT]: I originally thought that you were talking about the new Pontiac GTO rather than the Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT. In this case, a stock R34 Skyline is faster. My point still stands for the TVR ( and the Pontiac GTO! ).
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 09-01-2003 at 11:04 PM.

Thumbs up Canadians rule !!

Are all Canadians that intelligent or are other people dumb ??

Re: Canadians rule !!

Originally posted by Misho
    Are all Canadians that intelligent or are other people dumb ??
    It would seem cruel to pick that second option, so I'll have to just go with the first one

Actually guys, its easy to look intelligent against the likes of some retards on this site. Remember some of them are probably still shitting thier nappies so dont be too cruel.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Oh why not be cruel this guy seems not to really grasp the concept of what we are saying and in this case what he is saying why try to be nice?

whatever

Its really strange the king of crap you can get on this site. I think its probably due to the fact that many of the users are still kids in their early to mid teens. Although I dont remember being that dumb when i was their age !!

Its easy to forget. I imagine I was a pain in the arse. I jus didnt ryt lika retrd
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    u sure? then why did ma dads skyline, in a race leave the mitsubishi gto and a imported tvr coughing up the dust while he completely thrashed both cars in a race?

who would waste their time takin a tvr into new zealand, like ive only seen 1 advertised for sale in australia

To be honest i havent even seen that many advertised (not that i care )im more curious who would waste their time saying pit a skyline up agisnt one lets see them both in stock form and i think the skyline would get eaten like i did when i raced the WRX in my Sunny.

Re: whatever

Originally posted by Misho
    Its really strange the king of crap you can get on this site. I think its probably due to the fact that many of the users are still kids in their early to mid teens. Although I dont remember being that dumb when i was their age !!
    Well actually, I'm only 17... I think all it takes is to try to be a little mature

Thread Information