• FORD

2 40.00%
  • HOLDEN

2 40.00%
  • SKYLINE

1 20.00%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD vs HOLDEN vs SKYLINE

And also formual ford and formula vee also seem like the next step up from hill climbs and so on so yeah well just have to wait and see.

the v8's would send a privateer bankrup though if it all turned sour, which is why i chose gt-p

Well the privateers are a lot richer then you think but also on that note i will never be a team owner/driver or nothing like that id need to earn the drive cuz i aint got much money ill tell you that. But as i said v8s in my goal of things is like how some people would hold formula one as a step in driving to me its "THE" dream i wouldent want to go any higher though i wouldent mind trying my hand at some 24 hour racing and GT-P. I think if i can get there and be a nobody as long as i can say i was there would be good enough. Though a few trophys would be most welcome

a few trophies would get u noticed as a privateer

Yeah privateers nowdays arnt competative due to lack of develpoment/funds and so on but im not after being a huge name just being their with some good memories and some tinware would be the stuff of dreams for me.

well usually you need some sort of success to stay in the game, otherwise it isnt financially viable. im sure most of the proffessionals think that when some rookie comes into the team, saying theyre there just for the experience, that they should try formula fords or something. when it costs more than a million bucks to run a car for a year, you need to have an income, and without results, u dont usually get an income. im sure paul romano wont be back for the 2004 series, hes failed to finish a race so far and is sitting bottom of the ladder

Paul romano is just plauged by bad luck i saw him race dead last in the final canberra 400 and i whatched him crash too with his Holy Grail (a canberra club) right near my stand! I think hes pulled out now as he hasnt turned up for like 3 races poor paul

well v8supercars.com.au still have him in the archives i think. last time i checked he was still on the points list, albeit on 0

Yeah i know but have a look at the points per round he has a few ---- where points shuld be indicating he didnt turn up.

yeah i did notice that. what im wondering is what kept him lingering on to the finish of the race, kinda like what brock ended up doin for the fans at last years bathurst, just to get like 6 points per round

Brock last year done it for the sponsors his car broke a drive shaft and firmly palced him 2nd last but all he needed to do was do his parade lap and wave to the croud and he got vast amounts of money. So musch in fact he had a larger budget then HRT! But i think well see him again this year in a v8 super car and larrys comming back for the enduros too.

well i dont think hell have much of a choice. doesn't paul weel's dad own team brock now after twr went into recievership?

Yup paul wheels old man owns team brock thats why its a 2 car team now he merged his old privateer ford team with team brock so he could have 2 cars I "used" to like paul wheel the likable ford battler he can got to hell now he stil is a top driver though. Paul wheel is also seeing a sports shrink apprently he used to whip himself into a little frnzy of stress when it came to racing (qualifying especially)

how mcuh money must betta electrical have to throw around, like theyre sponsoring ford drivers radisich and canto and holden drivers bright and weel. fpr and hrt don even have that much money, although twr did

They had money for a while though during last year when i saw the picture of Tom Walkenshaw pulling at his hair I though somthing was up. but anyways why cant better electrical throw more money radasichs and cants way? it would be more viable as Briggs motor sport is being bought out by some pommy racing firm that have big amounts of $$$$$ and also HRT has lost its f1 tech eg the flash sterring wheels breathing equpiment since twr went bust.

Thread Information